Senior Commercial Manager - Ancillaries Product Development
Luton, United Kingdom
TUI Business: Markets
Function: Hybrid, all TUI Head Office locations
Contract: Fixed term 6-9 months
Hours: Full time
The Senior Commercial Manager – Ancillaries Product Development will be critical to enhancing our ancillary product range through innovation, delivering new and exciting ancillary products, that our customers want and desire. This exciting role will see you lead the innovation and design of new products from idea initiation, all the way through to implementation. As TUI re-platforms its business onto TRIPS, this role will also take a lead in delivering the ancillary implementation of TRIPS in the TUI markets and other strategic opportunities that the TRIPS programme offers. You will deliver significant improvements to our commercial performance, meeting stretching objectives on the number of product launches. Where possible, we should be innovating to consider all markets within TUI.
Ancillaries are increasingly important to our business, and we’re moving toward our vision to work as one, international team to offer customers a common range of appealing products and services that enhance their travel experience. Ancillaries should be easy to book anytime, anywhere for all customers regardless of whether they have booked another TUI-product. We maximise business value by optimising price and conversion to encourage customers to spend more, but with market flexibility to decide on price and product to suit their local customers.
This role can be based in any of our main TUI Offices in Europe and offers flexible working options. Please contact Katrina Barry if you would like to find out more about this opportunity.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Work with the central markets team and the local markets team to understand consumer trends, customer needs and the wider travel industry in order to set the strategic direction of the product portfolio. You will look for creative ways to gather new product ideas across the wider TUI business, holding ideation sessions and encouraging feedback into the team.
- Create a new ancillary product pipeline, prioritising it by carefully considering the balance between opportunity size and the complexity of implementation.
- Work with platform and optimisation experts in the ancillaries markets team to understand how any new products could be sold and delivered on our platforms, understanding how this can be achieved as we transition from our legacy platforms to TRIPS.
- Understand how any new product or development initiative can be presented to the customer, and will come up with proposals to get the quickest route to market in the context of the TRIPS project.
- Work with third-party suppliers to bring to market new products by working with Group Procurement to undertake RFPs, to negotiate commercial and contractual terms for new products and partners.
- You will also be involved in the TRIPS project, leading two key areas. Firstly, you will be responsible for the implementation plans for the ancillary products in the markets. Secondly, you will also lead the development of new and existing products that are possible with the functionality that TRIPS delivers, working with the markets to get an aligned approach and requirements.
- Maintain an excellent relationship with the local market teams to understand all their requirements and work collaboratively to understand any product portfolio gaps and any opportunities to develop and evolve the product portfolio
- Manage and develop a Product Development Manager, ensuring that they have clear direction, prioritisation of workloads and personal development plans.
- Project Management Skills
- Strong Commercial acumen
- Ability to focus on the right priorities, balancing customer and commercial needs
- Understanding of distribution channels in travel
- Highly numerate
- Strong People Management Skills
- Ability to adapt between markets
- Innovative Mindset
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go.
- Development and career opportunities: We promote the potential of our employees with a wide range of (digital) training opportunities and international career opportunities.
- Personal benefits: We offer attractive remuneration, generous travel benefits, extensive health & wellbeing offers and much more.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here