37.5 - 40
Barcelona, ES, 08007
Lisbon, PT, 1050-220
Oporto, PT, 4050-345
|Hours per week:
|37.5 – 40
|Type of contract:
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Accommodation Sourcing is a global team within TUI technology responsible for source and provide Accommodation for the whole TUI Group. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, The Netherlands and Aviation, Cruises and destinations worldwide.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated leader to join the newly formed Accommodation Sourcing technology organisation which provides software to handle and work with data, contracts and bookings within the whole world of TUI. Being on Single face to the providers and entry channel.
The Solution Architect is responsible for the architecture landscape of software and APIs working hand in hand together to build the best solution possible to fullfill our goal as data and offer provider and oversees key technical and design decisions from ideation through to implementation. You collaborate closely with Heads of Product, Heads of Technology and other key stakeholders, and have a shared responsibility for the overall business outcomes for your area. You act as your domain’s spokesperson in senior technical engagements with other domains.
You are an advocate for state-of-the-art cloudnative, API first architecture within the domain and are well-connected within the global architecture team to think outside the box and beinc conntected to other departments.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Solution Architect, you are responsible for the creation of technology and organisational transformation activities and technology direction. In collaboration with technology leaders including the Head of Architecture and other senior architects, you will help shape a vision and strategies regarding IT architecture to translate business opportunities and customer expectations into innovative IT solutions within maximal valueh, as much soustainable as possible while having customer and business needs in their minds.
You will use your excellent facilitation and solicitation skills to effectively engage with teams to enhance their capability, continuously exploring new ways to improve the quality of solutions, ensuring that options are considered, and recommended approaches are clearly designed with valuable solutions. You champion policies, standards and practices and help define and execute the technology strategy for TUI and each domain, using your knowledge of compliance and integrity of the business strategies.
You identify and implement improvement architectural practices in an agile environment and map the discrepancy between the current processes and the desired state to continuously innovate processes and adapt them to market trends. You also ensure that technical implementation is in accordance with the enterprise and solution architecture standards, and the objectives of the organisation.
You maintain a strong understanding of the bigger picture, keeping yourself continuously informed of the latest innovations, technologies, patterns and practices in aws, API, development work and business know how. You think ahead and understand the overall business context and strategy and use these insights to shape emergent architecture of the whole Accommodation Sourcing Domain. You ensure we have the architecture capacity, capabilities and culture to deliver business outcomes sustainably and with the right level of quality from the outset.
You use your deep skills to help teams improve their expertise in build soustainable IT cross the Domain. You never come across as preachy or dogmatic, but you are always clear and vocal about what you believe in. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team level. You help the team to find a balance between tactical solutions and long-term platform sustainability and maintainability.
You research, evaluate and test new processes and tools, helping teams use them effectively, and you collaborate closely with Technology Leads to increase the stability and outcome of services and DevSecOps maturity in all teams to help achieve the agreed OKRs/goals at team and domain level.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Thought leader in pragmatic soultion practices, active member of global TUI Architecture communities.
- An experienced architect authentic servant leader with passion for technology and clean and at the same time Business driven architecture.
- Proven track record in designing architecture blueprints and the optimisation of them to drive development and innovation.
- Proficiency in translating business vision into viable technical strategies and in conveying such strategies back to business stakeholders.
- Experience in working in an agile environment and able to integrate architecture practises in an agile way of working.
- Provide technical leadership to the Accommodation communities and able to step up from the detail to see the full context and develop a long-term vision.
- Great communicator and facilitator comfortable working across organisational and market boundaries and managing senior stakeholders. Able to disagree yet align.
- Good grasp of experience with cloud technology, design patterns, micro-services, CI/CD and DevSecOps.
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous.
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex technical problem solving with an ability to push innovation through technical solutions.
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA