Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Ponta Delgada, Portugal
37.5 - 40
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. First Choice technology team is responsible for the delivery and operation of all E-commerce solutions and products. for several websites including FirstChoice.co.uk, HolidayHypermarket.co.uk and nhs.tui.co.uk. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the First Choice technology team wgich Build, Run and Maintain multiple holiday websites.
The Senior Full Stack Software Engineer is a thought leader in, highly experienced practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art software development practices, developing software products with a broad toolkit of technologies and methods and with a strong and matured DevSecOps mindset, being able to tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying applications. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Senior Full Stack Software Engineer is a lifelong learner, a thought leader, a good communicator and someone who likes to think outside the box. As great people lead, he constantly helps the people in his team to develop and stay at the forefront of their area of expertise.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team and together with your team you will own the software products from conception to operation, or you will work across multiple teams, supporting them and their stakeholders in building great technology. Being an enthusiast, an expert practitioner and thought leader in software engineering and software craftsmanship. Thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will support your team, or teams, in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation. With your outstanding skillset for understanding, investigating and solving problems you take full ownership of complex topics or multi-faceted initiatives and outcomes spanning across the sites.
- Strive for clean architecture, state-of-the-art implementation, a high degree of automation, and overall high quality with a customer-centric mindset.
- Select, and guide teams to use, the right tools for the job and thus solve the given business and technical problems in an efficient way.
- Show an advanced commercial mentality, focusing on solving business problems in the best way in close collaboration with stakeholders.
- Actively contribute to the overall engineering and architecture strategy for your area and/or domain.
- Work in a cloud environment, especially AWS, developing resilient and high-performing cloud-native applications. You have a deep understanding of the AWS toolbox, leveraging AWS services and cloud design patterns in a micro-service and micro-frontend landscape. You tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation.
- Able to clearly verbalise your thoughts/ideas and you take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. You are comfortable to represent TUI in various events, conferences and meetups. You are well-connected across the First Choice domain, within the broader TUI community and relevant Communities of Practice.
- In your role, one of your key responsibilities is to the people you manage, ensuring that they are growing within their area of expertise, acquiring new skills, doing valuable work, working well together and feeling engaged and supported. You will act as a servant leader and enabler for your team, helping to develop and maintain delivery plans, timescales, resource requirements, key deliverables/milestones, risks and progress. You will take responsibility for expansion and further development of agility within your area and the domain. You will focus on helping your team to self-organise, and to keep increasing its capabilities and autonomy.
- Being an expert, you actively and systematically share your knowledge by mentoring junior to senior colleagues and supporting their professional development. Together with other members of the technology you also will research, evaluate, and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- Love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level.
- Love to learn and acquire new skills and put significant effort into keeping up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Deep knowledge of HTML5, CSS3/SCSS, as well as general understanding of UI design.
- Excellent knowledge of applying web delivery design principles for websites and web applications for a positive user experience.
- Deep understanding of frontend performance aspects, analysis and optimisation.
- Excellent proficiency in C#, and Microsoft .NET, their respective ecosystems (frameworks, libraries, documentation, useful resources) as well as architectural strategies and design patterns.
- Deep experience with implementing resource-oriented APIs and event-based architectures.
- Strong experience with data persistence, both relational and non-relational technologies, preferably MSSQL, NOSQL (SOLR)
- Deep expertise in CI/CD (preferably GIT/TFS/Azure Dev Ops)
- Ability to design, build, test, and deploy applications
- Deep expertise in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools and services on AWS
- The ability to explore, investigate, discuss, and negotiate stakeholder requirements.
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services.
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams. Ability to advance existing implementations and processes at all stages of the software engineering lifecycle.
- Experience in leading and coaching others.
- Loves developing and growing people and has a strong track record doing it
- Compelling coaching and training skills for imparting professional software engineering skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills.
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering.
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner. Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA