Second Level Support Manager (m/f/d)
37.5 - 40
*Please note that for this role you will have to visit the local Airport (Schipohl, Brussels, Hannover) on a regular basis. Fully remote is not possible.*
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Airline IT is a global team within TUI technology responsible for the group-wide IT landscape of TUI Airline. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevSecOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Sweden, Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands
Are you passionate about delivering top-tier support and advocating for quality service practices? Join us as a Second Level Support Manager, where you’ll ensure the seamless functionality of mobile devices for our Cockpit and Cabin Crews spanning five different countries and Airlines. In today’s era of paperless processes, a well-functioning mobile device is indispensable.
Within the Airline Technology – Flight Operations IT team, your primary focus will be to guarantee the availability and management of flight operational applications and systems utilized by our flight and cabin crews on their iPads through an MDM Service. Managing hardware exchanges will also fall under your purview. Collaborating closely with Flight and Cabin Operations stakeholders, you’ll strategically plan budgets and hardware deliveries.
Your role extends to providing comprehensive technical support to all five TUI Airlines via remote diagnosis over phone or email. When on-site access is necessary, you may also be required to work on-site at one of our airline offices in Hanover, Brussel or Amsterdam. Promptly escalating operational issues to the appropriate IT level of priority will be crucial. Additionally, you’ll conduct thorough checks for potential security vulnerabilities associated with installed applications and execute acceptance tests before releases.
Success in this role places requires transparent reporting and communication. You’ll not only engage with the IT Leadership Team but also liaise effectively with various stakeholders across IT and the broader business landscape. Cultivating and sustaining strong ties with connectivity suppliers will be essential. Collaborating closely with Flight and Cabin Operations teams, you’ll drive substantial business change with agility. Representing IT on different project and business steering boards, you’ll ensure clear visibility of progress and proactively address business needs, risks, and challenges
ABOUT THE JOB
- IT-ownership of applications/systems and Hardware for cockpit and cabin crews
- Continuous delivery of IT enhancements and upgrades of existing systems
- Budget planning for Hardware exchange and drive it through the approval process
- Ensure aligned and efficient IT support processes across all 5 airlines within TUI Aviation
- Active co-design of the innovative “Digital Platform” of the Digital journey of our Crews.
- Evaluation and selection of suitable technical solutions for the aforementioned requirements in the subject areas of product information and mobile apps.
- Independent adaptation and configuration of the solutions used in daily operations.
- Specify test cases and test processes together with Flight and Cabin Operations
- Collaboration in interdisciplinary teams in a central function within the company.
- Consulting diverse stakeholders
- Taking accountability and driving actions through to resolution
- Risk and impact analysis- identify and work with targets, dependencies and constraints
- Support escalation and root cause analysis activities
- Provide system administration of Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions
- Provide system administration for SIM Card Management
- Support of all updates to all documents when a change is implemented
- Provide support for client requests via ITSM and resolve via email or phone
- You have a degree in IT is secondary to us – what is important to us is your passion and affinity for working with airline software.
- Experience in Hardware and Application Management for the iPads with Intune
- Experience with troubleshooting mobile device issues such as, bugs and enrollments in a Mobile Device Management (MDM) system
- Experience and knowledge of airline operations is a plus
- Dealing with (agile) methods for prioritization, control and structuring are just as much part of the repertoire as focusing to be Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Strong track record of successfully using requirements elicitation and communication techniques including workshop facilitation, documentation analysis, interviewing and brainstorming
- Proficient understanding of the Atlassian Suite (JIRA/ Testrail and Confluence)
- Strong analytical skills while focusing on accuracy and details
- Experience working with remote co-located teams in a remote environment
- Languages: English business fluent
- Team player with strong organizational and problem solving skills. Trouble shooting
- High level of initiative and creativity as well as the ability to think outside the box.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, adept at managing a wide range of stakeholders and the ability to demonstrate when a good job has been done and how to learn from mistakes
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel.
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.