Site Reliability Engineering Practice Team Lead (m/f/d)
37.5 - 40
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Product & Engagement is a global team within TUI technology responsible for web platforms in the TUI Group. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated leader to join the newly formed booking technology organisation where people aspire to work with us to deliver cutting edge solutions, making it easy for our customers to discover and book memorable experiences.
SRE Practice Lead is a thought leader in, a practitioner and an advocate of DevSecOps and SRE practices for the whole Web domain. Well-connected within the global DevSecOps and SRE community, the SRE Practice Lead , together with his team, researches, evaluates, promotes and helps embed new engineering, delivery and collaboration practices and approaches across the domain to help teams to continuously improve how they work. As great people lead he constantly helps the people in his team to develop and stay at the forefront of their area of expertise.
ABOUT THE JOB
As an SRE Practice Lead, you will be working with your colleagues within the Domain’s Enabling Teams but also supporting cross-functional agile teams working across the domain in multiple markets. Being an enthusiast in Site Reliability Engineering, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent facilitation and solicitation skills you will effectively engage with teams, develop a good understanding of their context and the challenges they are dealing with.
You will use your deep technical skills to help teams improve their expertise in DevSecOps and SRE capabilities, tooling, processes and ways of working and continuously improve CI/CD, automation and monitoring/observability maturity and efficiency across the Domain. You never come across as preachy or dogmatic, but you are always clear and vocal about what you believe in. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at a Team and Pod level.
You will work with your own team to research, evaluate and test new SRE/DevSecOps processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively. You will collaborate closely with Team Leads to help increase DevSecOps/SRE maturity in all teams and help achieve the agreed OKRs at a Team, Pod and Domain level. You will help define the SRE-related areas of the Domain’s technology strategy and lead your team to develop new tools and techniques to improve the necessary capabilities across the domain.
As an experienced DevOps/SRE leader in a scaled cloud environment you have implemented automated solutions across a variety of applications and systems. You will lead domain-wide operational excellence efforts and propose high impact initiatives and projects. Your team will work closely with developers, architects, DevOps and quality engineers teams to continuously improve domain’s SRE capabilities. You will devise, develop, and champion cloud best practices within and between teams and collaborate with engineering teams to drive down operational burden through automation.
As a leader of one of the domain-wide Enabling Teams, your key responsibility is to the people you support, ensuring that they are growing within their area of expertise, acquiring new skills, doing valuable work, working well together and feeling engaged and supported. Your success is tightly linked to your team’s ability to empower Pods and Teams across the domain and to help them continuously increase their delivery, engineering and operational capabilities, quality and pace of delivery. You will guide your team to set the right priorities and to manage their workload efficiently.
You will ensure the members of your team are growing within their area of expertise, acquiring new skills, doing valuable work, working well together and feeling engaged and supported. You will be responsible for identification and recruitment of new talent into your team, coaching and mentoring existing and new team members and their active career development. You will focus on enabling effective decision making within your team and fostering a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
You are a recognised thought leader and an active member of the global SRE and DevSecOps community. You love to learn and acquire new skills and you enjoy teaching others. You are not afraid to get stuck in and work directly with teams – you hate being in an ivory tower.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Thought leader in SRE/DevSecOps practices, active member of global quality and software engineering communities
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Strong hands on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and in managing scaled cloud systems with a focus on operational excellence
- Experience working with highly-available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment and defining, developing and rolling out of technical operations processes and new services across teams and markets
- People leadership experience, good coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong experience with automating software deployments and following a continuous delivery and deployment model
- Systems thinker, experienced in improving ways of working and introducing new practices in a large organisation and across multiple teams
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel.
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.