Product Planning Manager - 6 Months FTC
Luton, United Kingdom
TUI is well on its way to transforming our marketing to be highly relevant to each individual customer, driven by what we understand about their history and reacting to the events and behaviours of each customer. Now is the perfect time to join the team as we embark on the next phase of our journey. We are moving to customer journeys, campaigns and activities that are highly personalised and automated by data and analytics in real-time.
You will operate as a Product Planning Manager for our Marketing Platform (Braze real-time marketing platform is a core component) to ensure timely and quality delivery of new features that combine the power of Braze with our data & analytics to deliver powerful capabilities for our marketeers to create industry-leading customer journeys and campaigns. At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. All this enables us to provide our 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
Please note the closing date for applications is Sunday 25th February
ABOUT THE JOB
- Work closely with business stakeholders and relevant Group Marketing Platform colleagues to continuously develop, prioritise and agree the detailed product roadmap over the next 12 months.
- Implement the wider product vision & strategy over the next two to three years, that will enable the marketing platform to support TUI customers, driving our sales and revenue targets. Benefits to be delivered from the marketing platform are nearly £80m by
- Accountable for the interface with wider functions and brands of TUI Group to plan the introduction of our Group Marketing platform for their business.
- Ensure that Braze platform deliverables required by other functions & strategic partners within TUI are understood, captured and appropriately prioritized within the Marketing Platform backlog.
- Work closely with Digital Product Owners to plan & execute joined up PI planning activities across the feature teams, coordinating with dependent teams and contributors across all relevant functions.
- Ensure ongoing planning activities are fully aligned with the Digital Product Owners release schedules, with regular communication and management of risks/dependencies to maximise business benefit from product releases.
- Be adept at identifying & actively managing dependencies across other TUI transformation programs, ensuring these are fully understood and mitigations briefed to relevant Digital Product Owners to enable platform decommission and migration activities.
- Understand incremental value of new product features & optimisations with clear link back to benefit drivers, in an accessible format to inform product decisions.
- Recommend new product features & optimisations based on performance review of capabilities live on the platform.
- Take personal ownership of relevant KPIs and ensure that all developments are aligned to drive performance and have clear metrics, tracking mechanisms and targets.
- Highlight under-performance of metrics and develop plans in the roadmap and backlog in conjunction with the Senior Digital Product Manager and Centres of Excellence to address these.
- Liaise with a variety of key stakeholders in development and business areas, building strong working relationships, ensuring all stakeholders are updated on a regular basis.
- Produce regular updates on development progress, KPI performance, and comms for governance meetings.
- Provide regular high quality updates to Market CRM teams, ensuring that deliveries across the Braze feature teams are showcased and future feature prioritisation is well understood.
- Ensure key platform wide issues are escalated, proposing and enacting appropriate remedies where needed and updating on outcomes.
- Gain and maintain a detailed understanding of our external business, the travel industry and our customers to maximise CRM marketing capabilities to deliver new and engaging customer campaigns.
- Ensure TUI’s product backlog maintains a healthy balance between new and innovative capabilities with market onboarding and optimisation.
- Gain and maintain an expert understanding of the travel industry, TUI’s business and our drivers of value and wider dynamics in each source market and our competitors.
- Understand TUI’s customer segments and behaviors. Use this insight to inform and influence plans and development around KPIs and our marketing programs.
- Proven track record of working with marketing technology, and ideally multi-channel marketing platforms (ideally Braze but also Salesforce, Adobe, EMarsys, IBM etc.)
- Comfortable working in a large pan European business, where some travel will be required.
- Comfortable and confident in presenting to and influencing senior stakeholders
- Fluent in English, ability in other languages desirable but not essential (German, French & Dutch)
- Experience working using agile methodologies in digital product development
- Strong stakeholder engagement, able to develop trusted working relationships across business boundaries
- Strong communications and influencing skills, able to analyse and communicate technical concepts to create practical solutions and influence decisions
- Exceptional planning & dependency management, able to identify and actively manage dependencies across complex cross-market, cross-functional transformation programs.
- Strong customer focus, able to champion the needs of our customers travelling with us in every feature
- Good commercial awareness, able to deliver commercial outcomes whilst still delivering for customers
- Strong understanding of relevant martech technologies, with the ability to harness their potential to drive value
- Good numeracy skills, able to digest and track KPIs and manipulate simple spreadsheets
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.