Senior Back End Software Engineer
37.5 - 40
|Hours per week:
|37.5 – 40
|Type of contract:
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Web, Engagement is a global team within TUI technology responsible for Web technologies across all holiday products and all TUI regions. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the newly formed Product & Engagement technology organisation which a clear focus at our Package & Cruise Domain. The amazing Team TUI.com is an outstanding element within our Digital product journey and the Business strategy approach is incredible, for this upcoming awesome milestones we need new talents for this step.
The Senior Back End Software Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art software development practices, developing software products with a broad toolkit of technologies and methods and with a strong DevSecOps mindset, being able to tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying applications. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Senior Back End Software Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Senior Back End Software Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables software development skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Together with your team you will own the software products from conception to operation.
- Being an enthusiast in software engineering and software craftsmanship, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will support your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation.
- With your advanced skillset for understanding and solving problems you are able to take full ownership of complex topics or multi-faceted initiatives and outcomes panning across your domain.
- Strive for a high degree of automation, clean architectures and high quality with a customer-centric mindset.
- Select, and guide teams to use the right tools for the right job and thus solve the given business and technical problems in an efficient way.
- Show a commercial mentality, focusing on solving business problems in the best way.
- You will work in a cloud environment, especially AWS, and develop resilient and high-performing cloud-native applications.
- Have a deep understanding of the AWS toolbox, leveraging AWS services and cloud design patterns in a micro-service landscape.
- Tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation.
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes.
- Together with the domain’s Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- Well-connected across the domain, within the broader TUI community and relevant Communities of Practice.
- Work in an international, multi-cultural team.
- Being challenged constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others.
- You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level.
- You regularly coach, guide and develop more junior colleagues. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
Strong expertise in NodeJS, Go, or Java and their respective eco-systems
Experience with data persistence (SQL/noSQL)
Deep experience with implementing resource-oriented APIs (REST, GraphQL) on client and server side
Deep expertise in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools and services on AWS
Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
Ability to design, build, test, and deploy applications
Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
Demonstrating true software craftsmanship mindset
Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
Compelling coaching and training skills for imparting professional software engineering skills
Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering
Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org