Airport (Station) Operations Coordinator
Manchester, United Kingdom
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business.
A great opportunity has arisen to join the TUI Airport Operations team as a Airport Operations Coordinator. You’ll be the friendly face that our suppliers and internal colleagues can depend upon when faced with challenges at our UK airports.
You’ll co-ordinate and supervise the daily TUI operations at dedicated airports, with responsibility for the oversight, execution, and continuous improvement of a safe, efficient, on-time and compliant delivery of airport customer services and operational activities. You’ll do this through regular and effective checking and management of third-party suppliers at assigned airports. You’ll provide direct support and assistance to ensure delivery of the TUI operation and uphold customer standards when required, this will include working closely with our contracted partners. Direct support may include performing aircraft and departure duties to support the operation.
If you’re a natural problem-solver with an eye for detail in compliance and a customer-focussed mindset, we would love for you to apply to join our team.
This opportunity involves hours aligned to our operations, so you will need to be able to commit to flexible shifts that will include early, late and weekend shifts.
Applications close 25 February 2024
ABOUT THE JOB
As Airport Operations Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for:
- Supervising the daily TUI operations at dedicated airports and ensure the delivery of safe, compliant, efficient, on-time, customer focused Ground Operations processes and activities
- The delivery of operational SLAs and KPIs with third party suppliers, measured by carrying out daily checks and reporting
- Completing regular quality and performance checklists and supporting the investigation of any incident and various safety reports
- Assisting in identifying opportunities for change and improvement by third party suppliers, participating when required in the development and implementation of improvement programs
- Contributing to daily calls with suppliers by evaluating the actual operations during your duty
- Developing and maintaining relationships with local airport duty management teams, Airport Authorities, and government agencies
- Supervising and overseeing the delivery of a high level of customer experience and service to all passengers at the airport
- Providing subject matter expert input to ensure Ground Operations product initiatives and concepts are delivered at airports
- Perform aircraft and departure duties to support the operation as required
- You may get involved with ad-hoc project as opportunities arise
Travel to support other airports on the network may be required, for which out of pocket expenses will be provided in line with our business travel policy.
- Experience in aviation and/or ground handling preferred
- A self-motivated, energetic individual who thrives on making things happen behind the scenes within ground handling.
- You’ll be a great communicator which will enable you to get well connected in your airport base and be skilled in getting the best out of our third-party suppliers.
- You’ll excel at working working collaboratively with a diverse team
- Experience of monitoring third-party suppliers is desirable
- Be able to self-manage your time in a fast-paced operational environment, sometimes with conflicting priorities.
- Ability to think operationally whilst ensuring full regulatory compliance is achieved and maintained
- Ability to audit and check for compliance of processes, and in the event of any compliance breaches to be able to successfully investigate and assist in the resolution
- Have a knowledge of standard IT systems e.g. Microsoft Office and be confident using other IT systems e.g. Departure Control Systems/check-in systems
- Flexibility with workhours to meet the flying programme
- Be able to provide 5 years’ work history which can be verified by references, including references for any time gaps when you weren’t in employment, so we can apply for your airside pass
Driving licence preferred, you may be required to drive in airport areas.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme and life assurance.
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI. Click here to find out more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Airline Talent Acquisition Team
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.