Full Stack Software Engineer - Global Document Service
Dependent on local contract
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Global Document Service is a global team within TUI technology responsible for Customer Documentation. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the Customer Services domain which is responsible for the delivery of our Global Customer documentation. .
The Full Stack Software Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art software development practices, developing software products with a broad toolkit of technologies and methods and with a strong DevSecOps mindset, being able to tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying applications.
Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Full Stack Software Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that enables software development skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Together with your team you will own the software products from conception to operation.
- Being an enthusiast in software engineering and software craftsmanship, you will support your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation.
- Strive for a high degree of automation, clean architectures and high quality with a customer-centric mindset.
- Able to select the right tools for the right jobs and thus solve the given business and technical problems in an efficient way.
- Show a commercial mentality, focusing on solving business problems in the best way. You will work in a cloud environment, especially AWS, and develop resilient and high-performing cloud-native applications.
- Good understanding of the AWS toolbox, leveraging AWS services and cloud design patterns in a micro-service landscape.
- Tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation.
- Able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes.
- Together with the domain’s Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- Love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. C
- Challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level.
- Love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
- Knowledge of applying design principles for documentation, websites and web applications for a positive user experience.
- Good understanding of front-end performance aspects, analysis and optimisation
- Experience with implementing resource-oriented APIs (REST, GraphQL) on client and server side
- Proficiency in NodeJS, Go, or Java and their respective eco-systems
- Experience with data persistence (SQL/noSQL)
- Preferably experience in a Document design tool such as Streamserve or XStream
- Desirably multi-lingual, particularly in English, Dutch / Flemish, German or Nordic languages (not a requirement).
- Expertise in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools and services on AWS
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Ability to design, build, test, and deploy applications
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true software craftsmanship mindset
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering
- Desirably multi-lingual, particularly in English, Dutch / Flemish, German or Nordic languages.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA