Airport Operations Base Manager
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Within TUI Group, TUI Airline regroups all airline activities across UK, Nordics, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Morocco, France, and the Dutch Antilles. The Ground Operations function operates as a multi-disciplinary team of experts driving performance, efficiency and innovation across all aspects of Ground Operations.
Based in Schipol Amsterdam Airport, our Airport Operations Base Manager will be integral to the successful delivery of the entire TUI operation at their base. The individual will be responsible and accountable for the operational delivery of the TUI programme, meeting and exceeding KPIs and SLAs, customer expectations, and representing TUI at a senior level.
In this role, you’ll report to the Region Manager. Weekend working will be a requirement on a rotational basis.
Applications close 3 March 2024
ABOUT THE JOB
As Airport Operations Base Manager you’ll be responsible for:
- Operating as a senior manager at your respective base, co-ordinating and liaising with stakeholders (both internal and external) to ensure the operational excellence of the TUI Operation
- Responsible and accountable for delivering overall station performance across the entire TUI operation, ensuring all station activity is aligned and co-ordinated. This will include but not limited to on time performance, customer service levels and strategy, and safety
- Responsible for the delivery of the Ground Ops auditing schedule to ensure that all third party suppliers are managed to adhere to TUI policies and processes including the delivery of any station improvement plans
- Manage the Ground Operations team on base/s including performance and development
- Be integral in the establishment, delivery and implementation of mid and longer term TUI strategy for airport operations performance
- Be an integral part of the airport/airline community forums (operational and strategic) at an executive level representing and championing TUI in both short and long term strategic goals
- Responsible for delivering an excellent and consistent customer journey
- Delivering budgetary and financial control at a station level for Ground Operations, providing oversight and identifying efficiencies
- Build productive relationships at a senior level across airports operators, control authorities and suppliers to leverage value for TUI
- Initiate and manage a cross departmental approach to operational continuous improvement and strategic development
- Initiate and own senior operational performance meetings with internal & external stakeholders and suppliers. Facilitate and co-ordinate TUI Executive Team meetings with key stakeholder teams
- Identify product and operational enhancements and initiatives to continually develop the TUI product, ensuring we remain ahead of our competitors
- Deputise for the Region Manager when necessary
- Participate in on call response roster and implementation of the station emergency plan
- Be the public face of TUI at your airport
- Degree calibre or substantial relevant experience
- Significant management experience in aviation, airline, ground handling and supplier management
- A leader with gravitas and presence that is easily able to demonstrate they can embrace and deliver within our TUI values
- Proven experience in leading and managing diverse teams and be able to illustrate continuous development and engagement
- Self-motivated leader who is able to take the initiative but also able to illustrate initiating, driving and owning a collaborative approach across all levels. A leader with a positive outlook who can motivate and inspire third party suppliers and teams to go above and beyond
- An excellent communicator with deliverable experience in building industry relationships and influencing as well as build a strong network of contacts. The ability to challenge the status quo is paramount
- Ability to stimulate and inspire our teams to deliver operational excellence across a pan European environment
- Proven ability to employ analytical tools to improve performance
- Successful management and delivery of projects / product implementations
- Results oriented and proven experience of managing KPIs. Be able to illustrate significant and encompassing problem solving and process improvement implantation skills
- Be able to demonstrate ability to clearly articulate concepts and arguments both verbally and written whilst maintaining adherence to our TUI values
- Experience of delivering a safe and compliant operation in an airline environment and an understanding of risk management, oversight/auditing and human factors
- Certification in a selection of ground handling procedures and regulations is highly desirable
- This role requires strong business English and Dutch (written & spoken) and competency with MS Office systems
- Our Airport Operations Base Manager will be based at AMS and will have accountability for this airport. Whilst the role is not necessarily shift based it will require flexibility with regards to hours of work to resolve operational issues
ABOUT OUR OFFER
Working at TUI has many advantages – here are some of the highlights:
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts
- Online wellbeing and learning support
- Fun and dynamic work culture
At TUI, as the leader within the travel industry, we’re ambitious to keep looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business, while also providing the best environment for our colleagues.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Airline Talent Acquisition Team
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.