Palma de Mallorca, Spanje
Lisbon, PT, 1050-220
Palma de Mallorca, ES, 07000
|Hours per week:
|Type of contract:
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Commercial Domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for supporting the entire support and delivery of Commercial products. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated Data Engineer to join the Commercial Analytics technology organisation.
The Data Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art data engineering practices. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Data Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables data engineering skills and capabilities across a whole domain.
Being an enthusiast in data engineering with a strong DevSecOps mindset, you:
- Use your excellent collaboration skills to work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs with full responsibility for its data flows from design to operation.
- Care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
- Use your deep technical skills to work closely with your colleagues to ensure an optimal data delivery architecture which is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
- Work on data collection, data pipelines, data delivery to other systems and building a strong core data warehouse.
- Support your fellow Data Analysts and Data Scientists on data engineering tasks and work as a team to deliver data driven solutions.
- Are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes.
- Research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools (together with the domain’s teams as well as the Group Enabler teams) and help teams to use them effectively.
- Take part in Communities of Practice and collaborate in shared initiatives to grow your experience. You learn and grow in your role and welcome receiving support and coaching from senior colleagues.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team.
- Being challenged constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others.
- Always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level.
- You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
Ability to design, implement and use different database structures
Strong SQL, data profiling & Analytics language skills (e.g. Snowflake and Python)
Experience with building ETL/ELT pipelines
Hands on experience with modern data storage systems (e.g. AWS S3)
Experience of using and building Reporting Tools (e.g, Tableau)
Good conversion of high-level business & technical requirements into technical specs
Feeling comfortable in using cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset
Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration, and great teams
Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g. like described in the ACM Code of Ethics)
Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.