Crew Travel Consultant
Luton, United Kingdom
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Within TUI Group, TUI Airline regroups all airline activities across UK, Nordics, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Morocco, France, and the Dutch Antilles. Cabin Crew Travel is a function within our airline organisation responsible for the planning and implementation of the Crew Travel requirements as dictated by the rosters.
Joining TUI Airways as a Crew Travel Consultant, you will become part of the team responsible for the planning, rostering & operational delivery of the Crew Travel for TUI Airways. You will utilise resources as efficiently as possible whilst ensuring flying requirements comply with legal & industrial agreements and that budgetary restrictions are met.
During your initial training period (approx 3 months) you will be based onsite at our offices in Wigmore House, Luton. After this time we are happy to consider this role on a hybrid working model with an average of 3 days onsite per week.
In this role, you’ll report to the Roster Maintenance Team Leader.
Applications close 3 March 2024
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Crew Travel Executive, you’ll be responsible for:
- Ensuring all Northern Region Pilots and Cabin Crew have the required hotel and travel arrangements in place to ensure they can be available and appropriately rested for their rostered flights
- Work closely with your Crew Travel colleagues in Manpower Planning and in the TUI Operations Control Centre (TOCC) to ensure principles, policies and processes are applied consistently for Crew Travel throughout the period from roster publication to the handover to the TOCC Crew Travel Team 72 hours prior to the day of operation
- Support Northern Region crew by delivering a safe and cost-efficient service to our crew communities
- Work alongside the Crew Rostering team(s), to ensure that crew have all the correct hotel and travel arrangements in place to allow them to perform their duties in accordance with Flight Time Limitations and relevant trade union agreements
- Ensure the needs of crew considering any changes to the programme or the operation to explore all possible travel options, within deadlines and budgetary targets
- Ensuring that any irregularities that occur from roster publication through to handover to the TOCC Crew Travel team 72 hours prior to departure are logged, investigated, and appropriately raised
- Ensure that any Crew Travel issues that occur from roster publication to the handover to the TOCC team 72 hours prior to the day of operation are logged, investigated, and raised appropriately to continually improve our service.
- IT literate with a minimum of O’ Level/GCSE education or equivalent relevant experience
- Proven experience within an airline Crewing/Rostering environment is desired
- Previous experience in a customer service-based role
- Understanding of airline legal agreements would be preferable
- Process and detail orientated with excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure; assimilate information, determine priorities, and make decisions based on sound judgement
- Strong inter-personal and excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to work as part of a team
- An enthusiastic ambassador of change who makes suggestions for improvement
An Individual with the drive and ambition to better themselves and an effective change agent.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme and life assurance.
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI. Click here to find out more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Airline Talent Acquisition Team
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.