Customer Claims Executive | 12 Month Contract
Luton, United Kingdom
Our Customer Claims Executives play a pivotal role in managing a diverse caseload encompassing personal injury and quality claims, which are lodged by solicitors as well as directly by customers. In this dynamic position, you’ll be at the forefront of liaising with legal representatives and customers to navigate and resolve various claims efficiently and effectively.
Our Head Office is in Luton but at TUI we believe work is something you do, not somewhere you go so we are very open to considering a flexible hybrid working model for this role. Of course there may be occasion when you will need to come into the office, but where possible we offer as much flexibility as we can.
Role closes 23rd Feb.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Handle a personal caseload of public liability injury/illness and quality claims from solicitors and direct customers
- Investigate claims, assess liability and quantum, and seek to conclude those claims in accordance with the mandate provided by the relevant insurer
- Provide high quality service to our customers in line with applicable service levels, whilst also achieving individual targets in respect of claim settlements/disposals
- Respond to letters of claim from solicitors and customers directly in respect of personal injury and illness claims brought under the Pre-Action Protocol for Personal Injuries as well as drafting defences to ABTA arbitration scheme claims and respond to letters from solicitors alleging defective contractual performance
- Be accountable for working closely and effectively with our key suppliers to ensure that where a financial outlay is unavoidable, the recovery of that outlay is straightforward
Where necessary, you may have the opportunity to attend court to represent the company in the Small Claims Court and to support Counsel in fast and multi-track matters
- Law Degree and/or relevant experience within a claims handling environment desirable (but not essential)
- Understanding of how to handle and investigate public liability claims brought by direct customers and those brought through solicitors
- A hard-working, self-motivated and agile team player, used to dealing with heavy workloads and high pressure situations
- Able to work in a supervised role, with a capacity to function across many different environments
- Able to manage a wide caseload of files, including fast–track and multi–track claims and commercially sensitive queries
- Confidence in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders including customers, insurers, suppliers, lawyers and the Courts
- Ability to monitor and adjust own performance in respect of defined targets and overall objectives
- Excellent telephone manner and understanding of why customer engagement is important
- Good working knowledge of the Package Holidays and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 desirable
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme and life assurance.
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI. Click here to find out more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.