Service Operations Manager - Engagement
Luton, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
37.5 - 40
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Engagement Domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for the delivery and operation of customer facing websites. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
We’re looking for a skilled and experienced Service Operations Manager to ensure that the quality of IT services meets the needs of our business, taking accountability for ensuring platform/service stability and rapid incident response and for continuous improvement in the overall operational maturity.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Service Operations Manager, you are accountable for managing major incidents in the Engagement domain, including coordination of all teams and capabilities required to resolve the incident. As the Service Operations Manager for Engagement domain, you will provide 24/7 service and support of our infrastructure, software and applications across the Engagement domain.
You will be responsible for incident and problem management, including being part of an on-call rota for out of business hours major incident management. You will collaborate closely with other Service Operations Managers across TUI to coordinate cross-domain incident response. You will be responsible for issuing timely and accurate communications in these situations to stakeholders, business teams, other domains and business partners whilst enabling the relevant delivery teams to maintain full ownership of incident resolution.
You will be working collaboratively with your colleagues in the Service Operations Management community within and across domains and with stakeholders in the wider business to cover each other and continuously raise the maturity and efficiency of inter-domain service operations capabilities.
You will work closely with all stakeholders to review and report on operational performance, SLAs and KPIs. Being passionate about operational excellence and service performance, with a strong DevSecOps mindset and focus on customer outcomes and experience, you will effectively engage with teams, develop a good understanding of their context and the challenges. You will drive continuous improvement of teams’ operational performance and stability of their services. In collaboration with the SRE and DevSecOps community, you will contribute to the operational management strategy for services within and across domains, leading (where applicable) strategic initiatives and embedding a culture of continuous improvement.
You will use your excellent operational, facilitation and coordination skills as well as your internal network to ensure all domains have an effective operational and incident management capability. You will enable and champion a service culture that includes on-going service improvements relating to quality and end user satisfaction. For this you will support the definition and agreement of operational SLAs and KPIs for all services within domains as well as the design and implementation of service models for new services and products, including transition activities. You will track major and recurring problems and ensure root cause analysis to happen and appropriate actions are taken as a result.
You will have a solid technical understanding of the application landscape, the corresponding business functionality and data flows in your remit. You will be well connected with key SMEs, teams and technology stakeholders to be able to maintain awareness of key changes originating from the domains’ delivery teams and to assist during incident response as required.
You never come across as preachy or dogmatic, but you are always clear and vocal about what you believe in. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team level.
You love to learn and acquire new skills and you enjoy teaching others. You are not afraid to get stuck in and work directly with teams – you hate being in an ivory tower.
- Experience of building and developing an existing Service Operations function
- ITIL4 or equivalent service management experience at scale (an ITIL certification is a plus)
- Strong communication skills with a proven track record of engaging senior technology and business stakeholders
- Strong experience in problem, change and incident management in an agile context
- Familiarity with ITIL Application Support (specifically Service Life Cycle) and experience of implementing these principles in product specific support
- Understanding of / experience with DevSecOps ways of working and SRE practices
- Aspiring to a culture of service excellence: always putting the customer, our colleagues and our business at the centre of everything
- Experience of IT service Management Systems and technology to support managed services such as automation and monitoring.
- Experience of establishing, implementing and maintaining KPIs/ SLAs across multiple teams
- Experience quantifying and analysing performance of operational and incident management processes and data
- Hands on experience delivering/supporting enterprise-scale digital cloud services
- Experience implementing and improving processes and procedures
- Passionate about continuous improvement
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good collaboration
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do. Experience about information security is a big plus
- Design and create plans of action for the various stages of the customer service process
- Continuously monitor metrics and leverage customer feedback to drive continuous improvement of service practices.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.