Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
API & Microservices Developer
London, United Kingdom
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
We are seeking with immediate effect an experience API & Microservices Developer to join the Customer, Colleague & Central Functions domain, located at our London Bridge office.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation programme and as part of that are looking for a talented and dedicated person to join TUI Group IT. As part of our transformation, we are passionately committed to hiring expert professionals in our three main areas of focus; API Development, Big Data and Cloud Services.
We are headquartered in Germany, with an international office network in London, Luton, Hanover, Porto and Berlin to mention few.
TUI group sees the application of data and analytics as a core source of competitive advantage in the drive to deliver market leading personalised customer experiences which maximise the value captured from our extensive product range whilst operating at maximum efficiency. We have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home all the time. Most colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. However, it’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
What you will be doing
As API & Microservices Developer you will be working within a cross-functional team of designers, developers and testers who are responsible for the TUI app. In detail your tasks include:
- Contribute to the development of integration layers for the TUI app
- Collaborate with Testing, Architecture and UI Design colleagues to deliver inspirational travel apps and continue to optimise their performance post release
- Produce functional solutions with quality designs and code in accordance to architecture design standards, code standards and environment configuration management
- Work closely with the iOS and Android development teams to define integrations which enable us to deliver key new features
What we are looking for
- Experience in Rest API and micro services development, specifically in node.js and type script. Additional Java experience will be a plus.
- Experience in using AWS cloud services including API Gateway, Lambdas, ECS and Fargate
- Good knowledge in data modelling; conceptual, logical and physical schema separation
- Experience in API gateway, preferably AWS API gateway and APIGEE
- Experience in service design (SOA, Microservices, ESB’s)
- Solid understanding and practical knowledge of the full api development for backend development and software development lifecycle
- Experience in writing api specs using SWAGGER
- Good communication skills; experience in working within international and remote teams is a plus
- Fluent English language skills
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA