Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Digital Product Manager | Luton | TUI
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Could you be interested in working for the world’s leading holiday company? Working in a fast-paced growing agile environment? Then TUI could be the right fit for you.
We are an award-winning Digital department that is a crucial cog within the business that sends over 6 million UK customers on holiday every single year. We can offer you flexible working options, and the opportunity to work with some of the market’s latest tools/software. We are looking for enthusiastic and forward-thinking individuals to join our exciting and collaborative digital division to help us ensure we are at the forefront of innovation.
The Product Manager will own the strategy and success of a number of our Digital Product teams delivering improvements to some of the largest eCommerce sites in the UK (TUI UK, First Choice, and TUI Ireland).
You will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Have a good understanding of user centred design, agile, customer data, and how to motivate & inspire your teams to deliver continuous improvements to the customer experience and our ways of working.
You will understand Product Management, eCommerce, Agile and lean UX. You will get a buzz from delivering great experiences for the customer that drive great results for the company.
You will also be a great communicator, with your Product Owners, their Agile teams, your peers, and with Senior Stakeholders up to board level. Our Digital teams are located in Luton (just over 20 minutes from central London). The combination of Digital and Holidays makes this an exceptionally interesting place to work.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home. Many colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. It’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
How you will make an impact as a Product Manager
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- The Product Manager will manage at least two Product Owners and their agile teams. You will create a compelling Product Vision and Strategy using stimulus such as the Digital Strategy, customer needs, stakeholders’ needs, and external best practice. That Strategy will be easily understood by all of your teams and stakeholders thanks to your great communication skills.
- You will inspire others to follow the vision, whilst setting and communicating key KPIs and goals.
- You’ll agree MVPs by taking business, customer, and technical needs into account.
- You will manage and own the long-term roadmap. You’ll generate, gather, and grow ideas by engaging positively with a range of stakeholders. You’ll then ensure that these are prioritised effectively into your Product backlogs.
- You’ll anticipate risks or business blockers and will manage and remove these. You’ll be able to mitigate issues and communicate any adapted approach proactively.
- You’ll have a real passion for digital and for the customer. You will use a evidence (quantitative and qualitative) based approach to understand what is best for the customer and the business.
You’ll keep up to date with Digital and Product best practice and share this knowledge to try and constantly evolve and improve our approach.
What you will bring to TUI as a Product Manager
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Experience of creating, communicating and implementing a digital product strategy
- People management experience, ideally of Product Owners
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate a team
- Ability to develop and own a Product roadmap, and drive intelligent overall prioritisation
- Focussed on outcomes, not solutions. Bold with ambitious strategies and an ability to motivate others to achieve these goals
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at a senior level
- Numerical, able to understand quantitative and qualitative data from tools such as Adobe, Decibel Insight, and customer research and use this data naturally to generate insights and ideas
- Track record of finding simplicity in complexity and delivering customer value
- Experience in proactively identifying opportunities and problem solving
- Experience of Agile (Scrum or KANBAN), with a focus on continuous learning and improvement of these methodologies
- Product Management experience
- Ability to manage budgets, plan resources, and recruit.
- Ability to manage a complex roadmap and extract the highest value items
- Experience of a large e-commerce site, ideally travel-related
- Puts the customer at the heart of what they do, good Lean UX and User Centred Design knowledge
- Excellent commercial acumen and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of AB and MVT testing
- An understanding of brilliant user experience, and an ability to deliver this whilst removing complexity
- Track record of building positive relationships with stakeholders, Product team, and IT.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA