Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Senior Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Digital & Technology
For TUI Group IT we are seeking with immediate effect a: Data Engineer (m/f/d) & Senior Data Engineer (m/f/d).
Locations: Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, UK.
As a Data Engineer within our Data and Analytics function, you will play a pivotal role in technically delivering our data and analytical products alongside a multi-disciplinary team of engineering, analytics, science and BI developers. You will be part of a cross functional team in the area of customer experience, digital and marketing, working close with our business stakeholders in order to enable truly data driven decision processes. Your team members are experts in analytics and have a deep understanding of the touristic part they are supporting.
How you will make an impact – There are many ways for you to get involved:
This role will act as a bridge between our backend IT function and the wider global analytics team and is focused on delivering crucial data solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- You will manage the pipelining (collection, storage, access), engineering (cleansing, feature creation / selection) and understanding (documentation, exploration) of the data;
- Acquire, create and manage innovative data assets for the team. These assets will draw from various sources – internal and external systems, flat files, databases and external APIs;
- Evaluate user requests for new or re-engineered analytics and reporting solutions to determine their feasibility, time requirements and their compatibility with current systems and architecture standards;
- Active participation in the development of the data lake, data marts and subsequent enhancements, including the creation of new data solutions to support development of analytic capabilities;
- Interact with stakeholders regarding data availability and report format/presentation, to ensure the report provides the information the stakeholders need without compromising the report’s accuracy;
- Deliver new capabilities to the business through agile methods – experiences with Scrum and Jira are a plus.
What you will bring – There is more than one way to the perfect fit:
- The ability to design, implement and use effective database structures to ensure data is organised effectively and ready for downstream development of data science and analytics;
- Experience working in a structured environment and desire for good documentation, exceptional delivery, effective organisation, and high-quality communication;
- Experience of Big Data platforms, enabling non-technical users to gain insights into key business metrics;
- Hands on experience with modern data storage systems (e.g. S3, Snowflake, Athena, Glue);
- Feeling comfortable using AWS, Kubernetes, Docker and Airflow;
- Strong SQL and data profiling skills;
- Hands-on ELT experience using tools like Streams and Tasks or DBT;
- Familiarity with a traditional BI application such as Power BI, Tableau or Spotfire;
- Knowledge of data types including JSON, XML, YAML is a plus;
- Solid understanding of data warehousing principles, concepts and best practices (e.g. ODS, Data Mart, Data Lakes, Data Vault);
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills.
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
TUI and you
- Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
- Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge
- Attractive compensation package (e.g. pension scheme) and 30 days of paid vacation per year
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Flexible working environment
- International career and development opportunities
TUI Group´s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel. If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, please visit our website www.tuigroup.com.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Phone: +49 (0) 511 566 1581