Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Technical Aircraft Asset Manager | LUTON OR BRUSSELS | TUI
Luton, United Kingdom
As Technical Aircraft Asset Manager you will steer and optimise the lifecycle costs for all aircrafts in TUI Aviation in close cooperation with E&M Finance and Fleet Management & Fleet Finance (FM&FF) as well managing the Leases from a technical perspective. You will report to the Head of Aircraft Asset & Business Management (AABM).
As the Technical Aircraft Asset Manager you will bring a strategic vision, direction and guidance to the Powerplant Asset and Airframe Asset Managers and their respective teams.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home. Many colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. It’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
This role may be based in either Luton or Brussels.
How You Will Make An Impact
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Steer and optimise the Lifecycle cost for owned and leased aircraft/engines together with the relevant stakeholders such as E&M Finance and Fleet Management and FM&FF
- Provide recommendations to the respective E&M teams on, for example, maintenance planning or aircraft utilisation to optimise the use of the assets and the operational costs over the lifeycle
- Steer the asset cost optimisation across the whole TUI fleet and manage the opportunities between the airlines for example like engines swaps and landing gear exchange programs
- Steer the “off-wing” management of (Spare-) Engines, their maintenance suppliers and shopvisits in accordance to e.g. their lease obligations, ensuring an optimised shopvisit plan as well as proper shopvisit performance (on-time, on-budget in the right quality), including the operation of the maintenance contracts to maximise the outcome
- Ensure a proper overview of all E&M related lease requirements, sharing the required information with the relevant teams and ensure that we stay compliant with the lease obligations and requirements
- Act as an E&M focal point for FM&FF for all kind of evaluations on potential fleet decisions regarding extensions, Entry-into-Service, End-of-Lease including Lease contract reviews and coordinate the evaluations with all related parties within E&M and E&M Finance
- Work closely with stakeholders within Supplier Management & Procurement, Engineering & Maintenance and E&M Finance to evaluate maintenance contracts and define the respective cost per event for airframe, landing gear and powerplant maintenance events
- Manage and develop the strategy of vendor warranty reimbursement within the Engineering & Maintenance department, in close liaison with the relevant E&M departments, Supplier Management & Procurement and FMFF
Responsible for monitoring performance, leadership, development and engagement of your team, ensuring they have clear objectives and providing support and coaching as required
What You Will Bring
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Significant experience in a technical & financial aviation environment with a a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in relevant discipline
- A self-motivated and experienced leader who takes the initiative and works collaboratively with a track record of motivating and developing a diverse team
- Able to combine technical, contractual and financial aspects in an aviation environment with a proven financial acumen
- Excellent analytical skills and experience
- Ability to operate within a virtual airline in a Pan-European arena, with multiple customers and stakeholders across a range of source markets with the flexibility to travel occasionally
- A skilled communicator with the proven ability to influence partner with senior leaders and gain support and commitment from line managers and employees across the business
- Ability to think commercially and strategically whilst ensuring full regulatory compliance is achieved and maintained
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to clearly articulate concepts and arguments verbally and in written documentation
TUI and You
Working at TUI has many advantages – here are some of the highlights:
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts
- Online wellbeing and learning support
Fun and dynamic work culture
TUI Aviation is an organisation setup within TUI to cover all Aviation activities. We interlink local airline and group aviation functions to share expertise, collaborate effectively, drive continuous improvement and create economies of scale. With five airlines based in the UK, Sweden, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany each serving their own markets, we work together to build a better, stronger and more efficient TUI Aviation for the future.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com