Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Automation Tester | Stockton-On-Tees | TUI
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Retail websites is an exciting and rapidly growing area of the business where team members work together to produce innovative solutions and explore new technologies in order to move the business forward. We are always on the lookout for the brightest minds to join us in exciting roles across our Infrastructure , Web Development , Digital Marketing and Digital Trading Teams.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an Automation Tester to join the team. The Automation Test Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that all production websites are fully tested and do not contain defects that could have an adverse effect to the business. The role involves working closely with the development team and the wider business to help ensure quality and compliance across all our public facing websites.
Our TUI Family in the North East have a wealth of experience and the leadership team value input and collaborative ways of working. You will definitely broaden your skills with us.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home. Many colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. It’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will
How you will make an impact as an Automation Tester
There are many ways for you to get involved :
- Supporting the developers in the testing of public facing e-commerce package holiday websites
- Responsible for planning the testing needed for each work item within the team’s backlog.
- Create test plans and write test scripts
- Develop and run automated tests.
- Perform cross browser testing across devices including desktop, tablet and mobile
- Carry out functional, regression, ad-hoc and compatibility testing
- Execute manual test scripts and log defects
- Carry out performance and load testing
- Ensuring that public facing web applications comply with web standards including W3C HTML, W3C CSS validation, Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Review web content for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Supporting and coordinating user acceptance testing.
- Spotting and reproducing bugs and issues.
- Regression testing of existing systems prior to releasing changes.
- Ensure that prices displayed on public facing web applications are accurate and consistent
- Ensure that bugs are clearly logged and labelled.
Collaborate with developers to ensure defects are fixed in a timely manner
What you will bring to TUI as an Automation Tester
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things :
- ISEB / ISTQB certified and/or computing related degree
- Experience with developing QA test cases
- Automated testing experience
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards and user experience
- Recording and programming automated tests.
- Experience in working with virtual environments.
- Previous experience preferred carrying out functional and behavioural tests.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbally and written),
- Awareness of targets and constraints and ability to work to sprint deadlines
- A broad technical background with hands on experience of web systems and projects desirable.
- Proven experience of planning, preparing, running and completing process based test activities within web development projects.
Experience of working within an Agile web development team preferred.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA