Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Solutions Architect | London | TUI
London, United Kingdom
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
At a Glance
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation programme and are looking for talented and dedicated people to join the Customer Experience & Engagement stream, part of TUI’s Digital Transformation team.
Playing a pivotal role the Architect will rationalise, identify & exploit existing and new marketing technologies and develop the Platform Architecture Blueprints, Strategy and Roadmap in line with the wider Customer Domain Strategies.
The role will major in Architecting solutions to evolve TUI Group’s cross channel, dynamic Customer Marketing capabilities.
This is a great opportunity to join a team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are driving the development of compelling cloud based solutions to leapfrog TUIs capabilities in the Analytics, Reporting and Personalised Marketing.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home all the time. Most colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. However, it’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
What you will be doing:
You will act as the technical design and architecture authority for the area and provide technical leadership during the development, build, test and deployment phases, assuring the solution adheres to the planned architecture and all functional and non-functional requirements are satisfied. You will also continuously look for opportunities to simplify and rationalise the platform technology stack. Furthermore, you will be working wuth the feature teams to create solutions to technical challenges with a practical application for the team to implement.
As a Solutions Architect you will be responsible for working with a multi-skilled design and engineering team for the function and be accountable for overall design quality as well as assuring solutions are designed with efficiency in regards to total cost of ownership (TCO).
You will in collaboration with business and technical delivery leads analyse functional and non-functional business and technical requirements and be responsible for translating it into architectural blueprints that outline solutions to achieve business objectives. Within the role you will assess the long-term benefits and impact of proposals and perform solution options analysis and technology selections as well as technical impact analysis.
Furthermore, you will liaise with specialist architects, business leads, product owners and key suppliers and participate in associated programme and product delivery governance, steering boards and strategy forums, focusing on and contributing to the long-term business objectives and strategic targets for the Group Marketing domains. You will also be expected to present complex architectural decisions in simple, non-technical terms for senior stakeholders within the business teams. Generating wide buy-in and acceptance of your architectural decisions is a key responsibility.
You will also support the Director of Marketing Technology in creating and presenting strategic initiative work material to various senior leadership forums like IT Steering Committees and boards.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of Customer and Marketing oriented projects – inception to go-live
- Proven experience as a Solution Architect for large scale transactional solutions leveraging Big Data and Cloud technology
- Proven experience as a senior solution architect delivering solutions incorporating relevant marketing technologies (incl. real-time campaigns) e.g. Braze, Google Marketing Cloud, Saleforce, Adobe Marketing Cloud
- In depth knowledge of AWS Big Data / Analytics services – Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, S3, EMR, Glue, Redshift / Snowflake – best proven via AWS solution architect certification
- Proven experience of API based streaming and real-time event processing in the area of customer interactions.
- In depth knowledge of serverless and microservice architecture patterns and implementations.
- In depth knowledge of Data Science concepts e.g. Machine Learning, predictive models, recommendations systems.
- Solid knowledge in cloud infrastructure sizing and capacity planning
- Experience in architectures for converged analytics and operational marketing technology platform solutions
- Understanding of CRM, digital marketing and Customer 360 concepts, beneficial with experience in Customer centric (CRM, Insight, Personalisation) projects
- A highly flexible, adaptable and resilient personality, with the ability to work in an international team environment
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation and external 3rd parties / suppliers
- Ability to translate and document complex architectural issues to non-technical staff within the business.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership to a group of solution designers, engineers and developers
- Effectively interact with product managers and other key roles in the business function
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA