Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Product Owner | Flexible Location | TUI |
London, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
An outstanding opportunity to help create and deliver the product vision for TUI’s Group-wide Customer Data Services.
Personalisation and frictionless journeys are now hygienic factors of a digital experience. Following the global pandemic, our customers are turning more than ever to our digital touchpoints to engage with us and they expect us to recognise them and engage with them in a personalised way across different devices and channels. This has become in a way a hygienic factor and Data & Analytics are absolutely core to deliver these personalised experiences to our customers.
Customer Data Services (CDS) is the platform and data engineering work that will deliver end-to-end data services for Marketing Platforms such as CRM and the Mobile App. Marketing platforms are currently lacking some of the key customer and booking data or are duplicating the gathering of data, increasing cost and effort and reducing consistency. The shared data services will enable increased speed to market and reduced effort by reusing the same data foundations.
Additionally, Customer Data Services will build and deliver the recommendation models that will be implemented in all customer-facing channels across the Group. We will use Machine Learning Models and the latest technologies to deliver 1-2-1 personalisation to our customers. We will connect these central models to all channels including web, app, CRM… delivering a unified, omni-channel personalization strategy.
The role will be part of the Customer Data Services team, which is spread around the UK, Germany, Belgium and Portugal so there is flexibility on the location so you can be based in either our London, Luton, Amsterdam, Brussels, Hannover or Stockholm office
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home. Many colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. It’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
How you will make an impact as a Product Owner
There are many ways for you to get involved:
As a Product Owner in TUI’s Customer Data Services team you’ll help define and deliver the roadmap for Data Services and Personalisation. You will:
- Build the customer data services roadmap – work closely with the Head of to ideate and build a roadmap for the future features to be enabled by the Group Account. Each Product Owner will be responsible and accountable for a Product Area such as CRM, Recommendations, Analytics… and will ideate and build a roadmap for the future features to be enabled in that area. Work closely with the delivery and business teams from CDS, other Group programmes and the Source Markets to understand the current pain points and restrictions and raise solutions.
- Engage stakeholders effectively – liaise with a variety of key stakeholders in development and business areas, building strong working relations. Most CDS roadmap deliverables for the coming years will be Cross-Platform so the Product Owner will be required to work closely with owners in other Group Platforms and ensure alignment of requirements and expected deliverables. Ensure all stakeholders are updated appropriately on a regular basis. Produce regular updates on development progress, KPI performance, and comms for governance meetings.
- Manage the product backlog – develop, refine and prioritise the product backlog for a Product Area of CDS. Translate high-level product roadmap into achievable product backlog items. Provide insight for defining and planning the overall Product Roadmap based on specialised knowledge and research, both internal and external.
- Deliver new features – drive delivery of the new features for CDS through your own dedicated scrum team. Compose User Epics, User Stories & Acceptance Criteria to a high standard, covering not only happy paths. Work with development teams to establish and document technical details needed for user stories. Work with QA, test & release teams to ensure all features are of the highest quality and timely.
Monitor and drive KPI performance – take personal ownership of relevant KPIs and ensure that all developments are aligned to drive performance and have clear metrics, tracking mechanisms and targets. Highlight under-performance of metrics and develop plans in the roadmap and backlog in conjunction with the Business Lead to address these.
What you will bring as a Product Owner
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Background in Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Data Management or Product Ownership.
- Ideally you’ll have previous experience working in an Agile development environment and in a cross-functional, cross-cultural environment.
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement, able to develop trusted working relationships across business boundaries
- Proven collaboration skills, able to work closely with people from different backgrounds such as business or technical
- Strong business requirements and user story writing, able to articulate clearly and precisely what is required, and think through both happy and unhappy paths in detail
- Exceptional business analysis skills, able to analyse and map complex business and systems processes and develop effective solutions to customer, business and technical challenges
- Strong understanding of relevant digital technologies and data management with the ability to follow technical conversations and challenge decisions if the requirements are not fulfilled
- Communications and influencing skills, able to analyse and communicate technical concepts to create practical solutions and influence decisions
- Real sense of customer focus, able to champion the needs of our customers travelling with us in every feature
- Good commercial awareness, able to deliver commercial outcomes whilst still delivering for customers
- Good numeracy skills, able to digest and track KPIs and manipulate simple spreadsheets
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA