Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
API & Microservices Developer
London, United Kingdom
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
TUI is one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, with over 220 trusted brands such as First Choice & TUI, operating in over 180 countries with more than 30 million customers.
Our aim is to enable intuitive and seamless digital customer and colleague experiences through innovative technology solutions. Based in London or remotely, as a Backend Tester, you will work in our Customer & Marketing Domain which encompasses Customer service, Colleagues, Finance and Marketing functions all revolving around products and services which our customers interact with.
In the past 12 months, we have moved from local country specific customer accounts to a wide TUI Group Customer account that all our customers can use to log in in all our TUI source market websites and apps seamlessly, using the same credentials and being able to recover key data like associated bookings and searches. This is just the beginning – we are planning to expand our TUI Account capabilities to give our customers more benefits and increased facilities that helps TUI tailor their digital journey with TUI. And this is where we need your help.
We are seeking with immediate effect an experienced API & Microservices Developer to join the Customer & Marketing domain.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home all the time. Most colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. However, it’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- As API & Microservices Developer you will be working within a cross-functional team of designers, developers and testers who are responsible for the enhancements and features of TUI Customer Account. In detail your tasks include:
- Contribute to the review of functional and non-functional requirements to be fed into API specs of AWS microservices
- Develop APIs and AWS Microservices to deliver additional facilities and capabilities for the shared Group Customer Account
- Collaborate with Testing, Architecture and Product colleagues to deliver increased Customer account capabilities on the group AWS platform and continue to optimise their performance post release
- Produce functional solutions with quality designs and code in accordance to architecture design standards, code standards and environment configuration management.
- Work closely with the Customer Domain development and CloudOps teams to define integrations which enable us to deliver key new features
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience in Rest API and micro services development, specifically in node.js and type script. Additional Java experience will be a plus.
- Experience in using AWS cloud services including S3, KMS, Cloud Formation, API Gateway, Lambdas, ECS , SQS and Fargate
- Preferably Full Stack Developer
- Good knowledge in data modelling; conceptual, logical and physical schema separation
- Experience in API gateway, preferably AWS API gateway and APIGEE
- Experience in service design (SOA, Microservices, ESB’s)
- Solid understanding and practical knowledge of the full api development for backend development and software development lifecycle
- Experience in writing api specs using SWAGGER
- Good communication skills; experience in working within international and remote teams is a plus
- Fluent English language skills
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA