Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
People and Performance Manager | BHX | TUI
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You will be joining TUI Airways at a time of significant strategic growth, which provides a great opportunity to directly influence the performance of our Airline and on board customer experience through our esteemed Cabin Crew community.
As a People and Performance Manager you will be accountable for developing a highly engaged team including a large remote Cabin Crew community. You will assume responsibilty for driving the overall performance at base, enhancing our on-board customer experience, improving In flight retail sales and colleague engagement directly contributing to Northern Region Airlines culture for both our customers and our people.
Our Airline Division is always a real hub of activity. This is the team that keeps our aircraft in the sky to get our customers to their dream locations. So what can you expect from a career in Airline with TUI? Well there is huge variety in the scope of departments and roles, from Customer Delivery to Flight Operations to Safety and Compliance, there’s so many directions your career could take and so many stakeholders to meet, learn from and work with along the way. On top of that we are the UK’s Best Leisure Airline, so what’s not to love?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home. It’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, with the availability to go into the airport as operational requirements dictate. In either case there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
This role will be located at our Birmingham base.
Applications close 29 January 2021
How you will make an impact as People and Performance Manager
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Be responsible for finding new ways to drive customer satisfaction, in flight retail sales and Cabin Crew Engagement ensuring that our customers have a unique and memorable on-board experience when flying with us
- You’ll thrive on implementing change and setting high standards for your team to achieve outstanding results. Applying a strong analytical approach, using customer feedback and CSQ reporting you will drive a defined sales and service strategy at your base(s) ensuring that our customers have a memorable experience making us the leisure airline of choice
- Support the Safety and Service training implementation and roll out plan locally at your base(s) to embed high performance, supporting continuous improvement and a culture of engagement
- Using your track record and expertise you will create a robust development and performance management plan using your knowledge and experience to coach, motivate and develop your team and the wider Cabin Crew community alongside managing employee relations effectively
- Assuming responsibility for a team of experts you will fully support and contribute to the operational efficiency of the Airline, to include absence management, on time performance and departmental compliance in accordance with policy and regulations
- Using various platforms and technology you will drive a local communication plan at your base(s) ensuring that Cabin Crew feedback is regularly reviewed and consistently acted upon and that company messages are cascaded effectively to a remote community, working collaboratively with internal stakeholders including Pilot managers will play a key role to you achieving this
- Foster and maintain a strong and productive Trade Union relationship locally with safety and compliance at the forefront of what you do
- Flexibility to work variable shift patterns is required which will include weekends and a rota will be shared a minimum of 4 weeks in advance
You will assume on call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
What you will bring to TUI as People and Performance Manager
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Significant customer satisfaction and sales experience ideally within an aviation environment
- Record in delivering improvement in customer satisfaction and colleague engagement
- Highly experienced in all areas of people development and effectively managing performance
- Proven track record in implementing change and embedding defined initiatives to drive continuous improvement and customer focused strategies
- Strong analytical skills and experience with the ability to translate data and feedback with a keen eye for detail
- A highly skilled communicator ideally in remote communities to include building sound stakeholder relationships
- A proven track record in employee relations gained in highly unionised environments
- The ability to manage changing priorities and demonstrate resilience in a fast-paced operational environment
- Competent in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
Pension scheme and life assurance
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit https://careers.tuigroup.com/our-dna/diversity/