Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Joining the Retail Websites team in Thornaby-on-Tees, as a Data Engineer you will bring your experience of designing,building,testing and maintaining complex data management systems to a rapidly growing part of our travel business.
The TUI retail websites include Holidayhypermarket.co.uk, Latedeals.co.uk, nhs.tui.co.uk and a range of corporate websites – all offering fantastic ATOL protected holidays at guaranteed best online prices. Retail websites is an exciting and rapidly growing area of the business where team members work together to produce innovative solutions and explore new technologies to move the business forward.
Our TUI Family in the North East have a wealth of experience and the leadership team value input and collaborative ways of working. You will definitely broaden your skills with us.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home. Many colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. It’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
How you will make an impact as a Data Engineer
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the key data systems within the OTA business are well maintained, optimized for high performance throughput, and structured to enable easy analysis. These systems are hosted on Amazons AWS infrastructure and are required to support enterprise level scale, reliability, and performance. There will also be a requirement to assist in the management of Digital Marketing data and reporting, so experience of the Google Marketing Platform would be expected.
- The successful candidate will also be required to integrate with APIs to extract data from 3rd parties and liaise with our Infrastructure Team to ensure applications & databases are deployed in line with existing processes.
You will be heavily involved in the planning, implementation, maintenance and continual monitoring and patching of our data warehouse. You will investigate issues identified by role holder, or reported by stakeholders, and use your initiative to create solutions. You will liaise with stakeholders to gather requirements for new functionality and use your initiative to build solutions that are fit for purpose. You will analyse system and business data to identify trends and report insight that will be used to inform business decisions.
What you will bring as a Data Engineer
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Experience of RDMS, such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
- Experience of Google Marketing Platform
- Proficient in server side programming language such as Java, Python or C#
- Experience of RESTful API integration
- Understanding of Digital Marketing techniques a definite bonus
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing
- Able to design, build, test and maintain data management systems
Strong enthusiastic team player with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Experience of Solr
- Experience of Splunk and Big Query
- Experience building Data Warehouses using SQL Server and SSIS
- Experience creating reports using Data Studio and PowerBI
- Experience of C# and MVC
- Experience with B2B and B2C
- Experience scripting in Bash and Powershell
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the leading tourism business and our vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com