Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Senior SAP Functional Consultant - Corporate
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependant on local contract
As an SAP ERP Senior Functional Consultant – Project Process Lead you will respond to Business and Technical requirements to make recommendations to improve and extend the functionality of the Finance System alongside resolving Incidents and supporting Changes and Projects.
TUI Group has implemented SAP Finance and related products across the Business with deployments supporting UK & Ireland, our Central European Business (Germany Austria, Switzerland and Poland) and Nordics (Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland) with further rollouts planned. This is an exciting time to join the Team with a wide remit, multiple projects and new functionality constantly required by the business departments.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home all the time. Most colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. However, it’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
How you will make an impact as an SAP Senior Functional Consultant:
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- As an SAP Senior Functional Consultant – Project Process Lead, we are looking for a talented, entrepreneurial and inspirational individual to:
- Take ownership of a specific Functional area (O2C, P2P,R2R), managing a programme of work to deliver a series of Project deliverables to tight deadlines working with the Process Lead to ensure a single solution unless regulatory reasons dictate otherwise.
- Be a catalyst for Service Improvement across the solution for both the users and the technical teams ensuring we take full advantage of the system capabilities
- Own the relationship with the Finance Service and other related suppliers of Data to the ERP system protecting the solution to ensure SAP Finance is maintained as vanilla as practical
- Implement and support SAP Financials and Controlling to enhance the clients’ business functionality and overall performance while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Understand user and process requirements, make recommendations against the requirements to ensure a best in class solution can be delivered.
- Be able to analyse, design and configure SAP FI, SD and Purchasing solutions (R2R, O2C and P2P)
- Provide knowledge and understanding of SAP FICO, SD and Purchasing concepts and process flows that they are able to both understand existing configuration and solutions and also design new solutions for new requirements
- Be responsible for the successful maintenance of SAP including the provision of functional expertise, guidance, presentation and instruction on SAP products to the Business community.
- Manage the relationship with the Business General Process Owner and other Business owners, supporting triage meetings, providing expert technical and process advice to the users and Supporting the design board.
- Manage and support hyper care for delivered solutions and share the knowledge with the team to ensure the team are able to fully support the solution.
- Act as liaison with the users for troubleshooting: investigate, analyse, and solve software problems as well as map the clients’ business requirements, processes and objectives by developing the necessary product modifications in order to satisfy the business needs.
- Understand the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the SAP environment and evaluate the impact of changes or additions
- Provide a set of comprehensive documentation. Review all documentation to ensure all is correct and appropriate to assist future deployments and provide an easily accessible repository for the technical information.
- Maintain a full up to date document set in Solution Manager
- Constantly Review all test scripts for the area of responsibility and ensure they provide appropriate coverage to reduce the impact of any transports on the solution.
- Consult with peers on Incidents, changes and projects as required
- Familiarity with best practice interface technologies within a SAP environment and able to architect changes or enhancements to interfaces as required
- Identify any weakness in the control environment and abide by the Coso controls in force across the business.
What you will bring to TUI as an SAP Senior FUnctional Consultant
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Must have at least three full lifecycle SAP R/3 implementation experience (Project Preparation till Go-Live)
- Good knowledge of the SAP FICO, SD and MM/PO modules (R2R, O2C and P2P)
- Good understanding of general accounting concepts as well as costing and revenue processes
- Strong SAP knowledge / skills within R2R, O2C and P2P
- Strong communication and support/consulting skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with the latest SAP versions and technology
- Business knowledge and process design skills of moderate complexity
- Ability to analyse problems and provide clear recommendations
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with diverse groups of individuals and the ability to maintain effective work relationships
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects/requirements simultaneously, meet deadlines, and properly escalate issues for a timely resolution
- Self-motivated team player that thrives in a collaborative and competitive environment
- Be able to travel to other TUI Group IT locations as the role demands.
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group offers integrated services from a single source for its 28 million customers, and the entire tourism value chain is represented under one roof. This includes over 400 hotels and resorts with premium brands such as RIU, TUI Blue and Robinson and 15 cruise ships. The Group also includes Europe’s leading tour operator brands and online marketing platforms, five airlines with more than 100 modern medium and long-haul aircraft and over 1000 travel agencies.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA