Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
London, United Kingdom
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
As Scrum Master you will oversee and take responsibility for the successful end to end delivery of software development projects to time and within budget. Co-ordinating single and multiple cross disciplinary teams and suppliers, including offshore resources.
The data and analytics function within the group is growing and our desire is to bring in talented process driven pragmatic individuals.
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. All this enables us to provide our 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home all the time. Most colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. However, it’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As Scrum Master you will work with delivery teams utilising agile practices, (e.g. Kanban and Scrum) and stakeholders to produce release plans & schedules. This will involve developing and maintaining a project plan to give visibility of budgets, timescales, resource requirements, key deliverables/milestones, risks and progress to date.
You will quantify and set the success and quality criteria for the project deliverables, ensuring that the solutions meet the agreed business requirements. You will also control changes to project scope and ensure that impact to the project and benefits is clearly understood and correctly authorised.
The Scrum Master will provide direct and immediate feedback (successes & failures in the course of the activity are apparent, so that behaviour/approach can be adjusted as needed) and work with the team to ensure that User Stories (with Acceptance Criteria) and Tasks are broken down to minimum, testable and estimable level.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience of managing and delivering projects in an agile environment.
- Excellent communicator with good influencing skills and the ability to make yourself understood to a wide range of staff including staff based near shore.
- Experience working with documentation and workflow tools such as Confluence and Jira.
- Have the ability to guide the team to self-organise.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong motivation skills to push the team to deliver.
- Facilitative and must have the ability to add value to the team.
- Able to understand technical concepts and communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Support and work closely with the Product Owner for grooming and product backlog maintenance.
- Ability to deal with Impediments.
- Experience of Agile Transformation.
- Ensure the team is protected from external influences.
- Support the drive for Continuous Improvement.
- Push the team to deliver using best Agile practices.
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA