Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Technology Delivery Manager - Marella Cruise
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Our vision within IT is to make travel experiences special by working as one team to make IT Happen. Our culture is all about delivering great technology through our unique combination of TUI business knowledge and technical expertise, driven to succeed through a one-team approach.
Joining the Marella Cruise Technology team as a Cruise IT Delivery Manager, you will bring your experience of managing IT suppliers and technical teams to deliver IT change for Marella Cruises.
Marella Cruise Technology are responsible for technology delivery and technical support for Marella Cruises. This includes our selling systems, customer platforms and core infrastructure and systems on-board our vessels.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- As Cruise IT Delivery Manager your technical experience and leadership is key to manage the following areas of the cruise business:
- Delivery of IT infrastructure and systems for new ships joining our fleet
- Delivery of IT change for the cruise business
- Continuous delivery of IT enhancements and upgrades of existing cruise systems
- IT Supplier relationship and management
Clear reporting and communication is a key for this role, not only to the IT Leadership Team but also to the various other stakeholders across IT and the business especially for Marella Cruises. You will build and maintain a strong relationship with the IT suppliers and work with cruise technical leads to deliver business change at scale and pace. You will represent IT engineering on various project and business steering boards, ensuring high visibility of progress and take a proactive leadership role in resolving business needs, risks and issues.
- Own products and/or components in terms of being fully accountable for the efficient, quality, and effective implementation of the relevant components /roadmap
- Work closely with the key business customers, stakeholders, external partners and all groups within the organisation to implement, evolve, support and own the software and system components to appropriate quality standards
- Financial accountability including estimation and forecasting of developments.
- Resource planning and assignment of TUI permanent and contract and supplier resources
- Negotiating and re-negotiating contracts with suppliers, through TUI Commercial team, to ensure contracts are structured to support high-quality, cost effective delivery, in line with the way the chosen delivery methodology requires
- Build relationships with Business Leads, Project Managers and Business Partners, ensuring scheduling alignment for delivery of components within the wider release schedule
- Lead meetings with delivery teams and effectively manage expectations of IT and business Stakeholders
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders are engaged – coordinate with relevant parties for planning to ensure smooth delivery of projects
- First class technical leadership and IT supplier management for delivery of cruise on- board and head office solutions
- Effectively lead and manage IT delivery for new ships entering Marella Cruises fleet
- Effectively lead and managed IT delivery for new projects and enhancements
- Manage solution design, build, test and implementation activities for cruise IT infrastructure and systems
- Manage the delivery of cruise software development backlogs of defects and all types of changes
- Engagement with Project Managers on delivery of specific project deliverables and assist in planning, tracking and execution of overall project plan
- Interact effectively with the Portfolio Management, Product Management, Architecture, Solution Design, Services Delivery and Support teams to ensure we build the quality products to support our business goals and customer experience
- Liaising with senior members of supplier organisations ensuring focus is on delivering quality in a cost effective manner
- Work directly with cruise technical teams and TUI UK&I IT teams including Portfolio Management, IT Engineering and Service delivery
- Close supplier management resulting in effective and working partnership
- Ensure accurate and achievable production schedules alongside clear capacity planning.
- Improve processes and relationships for resolving customer support, project and product escalations.
- Proposing and achieving key performance indicators and reporting requirements.
- Reduce errors and rework and implement a measurable quality improvement program.
- Ability to understand and challenge estimations and proposed delivery costs.
- Identify and implement opportunities to flex resource between products and projects
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Technical leadership with knowledge of cruise core infrastructure and system platforms
- Experience developing and implementing technology in marine and hotel environment
- In-depth knowledge of cruise business and operations e.g. hotel, technical and entertainment
- Delivering change using agile and waterfall methods for software and infrastructure solutions
- Ability to see the big picture, analyse complex delivery schedules and evaluate ways to meet expectations
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, adept at managing a wide range of stakeholders and the ability to demonstrate when a good job has been done and how to learn from mistakes
- Experience of managing 3rd party suppliers to cost, time and quality
- Risk and impact analysis – identify and work with targets, dependencies and constraints
- Encourage a ‘right first time’ culture and implement processes to cultivate this
- Able to take accountability and confident at driving actions through to resolution
- Technical acumen with prior experience with development technologies; keeping pace with technical innovation
- Good knowledge of ship’s core server and network infrastructure
- Good knowledge of ship’s core marine and hotel management systems e.g. Resco PMS, Fidelio, MXP
- Experience with delivery of eCommerce and Reservation platforms and leading end to end implementation rollouts from inception to launch for both B2B and B2C market segments
- Good understanding of ship’s operations systems such as VSAT, Mobile At Sea, CCTV, PBX Telephony, Ving Doorlock, Payment systems
- Good knowledge of cruise customer facing solutions such as Self-Service Kiosks, Digital Signage, Mobile Apps, In-Cabin TVs
- Project management and Service delivery competencies including Prince, ITIL or equivalent
- Experience in using project management and tracking systems (Rally, JIRA, Zoho, Confluence, Daptiv)
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA