Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
DevOps Engineer - Customer
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
TUI Travel’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
DevOps Engineers are responsible for keeping all systems running smoothly throughout the development landscape all the way to production. DevOps engineers that apply sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation to our environments and code base. DevOps Engineers will be part of a Cloud Engineering team and will be key to ensuring all scrum teams are building to the set standards and best practises.
Joining the Cloud Engineering team as a DevOps Engineer, you will be key in maturing our organisation in continuous delivery and help with implementing the processes to ensure high availability and quality. I build it, I run it system developments.
You may be a fit to this role if you:
- Think about systems – edge cases, failure modes, behaviours, specific implementations.
- Have an urge to collaborate and communicate asynchronously.
- Have an urge to document all the things you do so you don’t need to learn the same thing twice.
- Have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude.
- Have an urge for delivering quickly and iterating fast.
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home all the time. Most colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. However, it’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Design, build and support the infrastructure to support customer domain applications in AWS Cloud
- Develop strategies and improvements around cost optimization, usage reporting
- Coordinate the build and deploy of new application environments
- Support CI/CD tooling for technical teams to be able to build and deploy
- Collaborate with development teams where code changes are required to resolve defects and ensure services are released into production in a controlled manner
- Responsible for monitoring and detection of all parts of the technology landscape (e.g. server, network, end user experience, application health)
- Responsible for issue and incident management; including SLA monitoring & reporting and compliance trend analysis
- Participate in 24/7 on-call emergency support rotation
- Providing coaching and performance feedback to team members
- Evaluate overall team & individual performance and delivering performance reviews
- Define project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience in deploy infrastructure-as-code within pipelines using Terraform and Jenkins
- Experience of networks, security, load balancers and DNS
- Great knowledge and experience working and support AWS services
- Understand High-Availability, Autoscaling and Self-Healing methods for enterprise web platforms
- Experience using and build pipelines using tools such as Jenkins or Terraform
- Experience of monitoring tools such as Dynatrace or Datadog
- Systematic problem-solving skills and autonomy
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Experience in configuration management apps (e.g Ansible/Puppet/Chef)
- Interest in Container technology (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Good leadership and project skills
- Scripting languages/code development skills.
- AWS Services e.g., EC2, ECS, ECR, Lambda
- Monitoring and logging e.g., ELK, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Grafana, Dynatrace, DATADOG
- Security tooling e.g., Tenable
- AWS security features and best practices
- Design of self-healing and fault-tolerant services
- Techniques and strategies for maintaining high availability
- CI Tooling e.g., Jenkins, GitLab CI.
- Certificate management.
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA