Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Digital Product Owner | Luton | TUI
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
The Digital Product Owner will run their own Agile team who are all co-located. Our product teams are organised across our websites, and our mobile app, so the successful applicant could be working on either of these or on a project that could span across all. As a Digital Product Owner you will own a digital product on some of the largest eCommerce sites in the UK: TUI, First Choice and Marella Cruises. We are looking for Digital Product Owner to join our energetic team.
This role is suitable for someone with Mid-level experience, who would like to work in a fast paced environment on an exciting product. The combination of Digital and Holidays makes this an exceptionally interesting place to work. Our Product Owners have a passion for creating delightful, easy to use customer journeys that deliver value. They are digitally aware, creative, adept at Agile and great communicators. They use these skills to drive continuous delivery of innovative ideas into live on our digital platforms, and they then use their insight, external stimulus and excellent stakeholder management skills to feed into their backlogs and continue the evolution of our digital products.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home. Many colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. It’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
How you will make an impact as a Digital Product Owner
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- The Digital Product Owner will run their own Agile team who are all co-located. Our product teams are organised across our websites, and our mobile app, so the successful applicant could be working on either of these or on a project that could span across all.
- Working closely with the Senior Product Owner, you will ensure you have a clear prioritised backlog and roadmap which will increase engagement, conversion and other KPI’s.
- You will work closely with the Scrum Master to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the scrum team and maintain a prioritised and clear backlog system. You will also work with User Experience, Design and IT to design and deliver the optimum customer experience for each development and liaise with web operations, test and analytics to determine the impact of those changes and track performance. Naturally we will also expect you to champion your product with stakeholders from around the business
- As a Digital Product Owner you will have a passion to keep up to date with the wider digital sphere to help identify future opportunities to ensure we are at the forefront of innovation, with a good awareness of competitors, trends and digital innovation in order to identify future opportunities.
What you will bring to TUI as a Digital Product Owner
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- A strategic thinker with a proven track record in leading and inspiring a team to deliver to its full potential.
- Experience in proactively identifying opportunities and problem solving.
- Ideally to have experience of a large ecommerce site.
- Experience of working in, or knowledge of, agile scrum.
- Excellent commercial acumen and decision making skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise a large backlog by balancing and championing both business and customer needs.
- Well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills to drive the implementation of strategic developments through coordination with other business units.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confidence to make clear and well-thought recommendations to influence decisions.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com