Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
User Experience Designer | Luton | TUI
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
As a User Experience Designer within the Ecommerce team, you will have the opportunity to deliver best-in-class user experience solutions across our range of customer-facing websites to give our customers the inspiration they need to find and easily book their dream holiday. To do this you’ll be working collaboratively with UX colleagues, UI designers and developers in an Agile development environment, and creating and maintaining effective relationships with key business stakeholders.
You’ll be designing across our wide range of holiday products, including beach holidays, cruises, city breaks, multi-centres and flight-only. Hundreds of thousands of customers trust us to give them the tools they need for their most important purchase of the year, so you can be sure that you will have an impact and opportunities to learn and develop too!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home. Many colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. It’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
How you will make an impact as a User Experience Designer
There are many ways for you to get involved:
Your responsibilities are largely made up of the typical User-Centred Design process, working within an Agile development team, delivering effective responsive experiences.
These include understanding the customers booking our different types of holidays, assessing the quality of their experiences via qualitative and quantitative methods, evaluating websites and applications to understand trends and best practice within and outside the travel industry, and identifying and promoting issues and opportunities with the existing websites.
- You willl be applying this insight to the key priorities that the Product Owner will manage, as well as being a strong advocate for the customer in driving new requirements forward, using UX tools (eg personas, journey maps) and business tools (for analytics and customer insight).
- You will progress your findings through discovery phase into concepts that will drive customer and business benefit through developing sketches, wireframes and prototypes as necessary. At each stage you’ll be happy sharing your findings and collaborating with the wider team to validate and optimise your ideas, which will be usability tested and refined.
- You will also collaborate with your UI Design colleagues and technical teams to ensure that your designs are clearly understood and translated into high-quality, working solutions.
- To do all this within our Agile environment, you’ll need to be able to get up to speed quickly, in order to understand the needs of our customers, the objectives of the business and the technical capabilities of the systems involved. You’ll also need to be a good communicator, and able to maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and colleagues of various disciplines.
What you will bring to TUI as a User Experience Designer
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- An enthusiastic User Experience Designer, with at least 2 years’ hands-on experience in full UCD lifecycle in a commercial, Agile environment
- A proven track record as a successful UX practitioner, with mobile, desktop and most importantly responsive design experience
- Self-motivated and results-driven, with good oral and written communications skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and take responsibility for the quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Proficient at wireframing and prototyping (using tools such as Visio, Axure)
- A collaborative, pragmatic approach
- Hard-working and dedicated
Prior to an interview we will request a copy of your portfolio / previous work.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 6 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.