Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
UI Designer | Luton | TUI
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
We are on the lookout for a junior UI Designer looking to take the next step in their career. As a UI Designer in our growing Ecommerce team, you will have the opportunity to work within one of our Agile teams, delivering high quality interface design that inspires and engages our customers, and supports our market-leading brand.
You will have a good understanding of travel (to support our portfolio of beach holidays, city breaks, cruises, multi-centres, flights and more) and a strong background in responsive web design.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home. Many colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. It’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
How you will make an impact as a UI Designer
There are many ways for you to get involved:
As a UI Designer you will be responsible for delivering inspiring and commercially effective interface designs, consistent with our evolving style guide.
- You will be constantly collaborating – with your Agile team colleagues and as part of the wider design community at TUI, to deliver content in a compelling way. As well as being within a close-knit UI team, you’ll be working most closely with your UX Design colleague, using your prototyping skills to make sure form and function marry together to support a great user experience.
- You’ll be able to work with guidelines in place, but also innovate to improve how we deliver content and services to our customers, across our responsive websites in our fast-paced environment.
You’ll be technically adept, enabling you to add interaction to the visuals, and have meaningful collaboration with the front-end developers in the Agile team.
What you will bring to TUI as a UI Designer
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- A real team player who will work closely with the UI Design team, Product Owners and UX Designers to support the development of consistent, high quality solutions across digital channels
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates a range of UI design techniques
- 1-2 years of UI/visual design experience for a range of digital platforms
- Excellent knowledge of Sketch and Adobe creative suite and ability to stay up to date with latest technologies
- Experience with HTML & CSS
- Experience working with and contributing to a Design System/styleguide
- An understanding of how design can address customer needs
- Knowledge of accessible design principles and good practice
- Ability to think independently and communicate ideas and visual concepts in a clear and coherent manner
- An organised self-starter who will proactively drive their programme of work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Prior to any interview we will request a portfolio or examples of your previous work.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 6 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA