Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Service Operations Manager
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
We’re looking for a skilled and experienced Service Operations Manager to ensure the quality of IT services meet the needs of the business, taking accountability for the delivery of services from internal resources as well as third-parties.
As the Service Operations Manager you are accountable for enabling best in class service for your domain. You are responsible for incident, problem and change management; you’ll also be part of an on call rota for out of hours Major Incident Management. You are accountable for managing all major incidents in your domain including coordinating all resources required to resolve the incident and issue business communications. You’ll work closely with your Business stakeholders to review and report on Technology services that can be sustainably measured along with ensuring that the service is continually improved.
You’ll work with the wider service and technology teams to build and maintain service; and join a network of Service Operations Managers across the TUI domains.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative and dynamic technology team where you will be part of one of the world’s leading leisure travel companies operating in over 180 countries with more than 30 million customers in 27 key source markets.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home all the time. Most colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. However, it’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Contribute to the strategy for the operational management of services within the domain; driving continuous improvement in your owned processes and functions.
- Enable and champion a service culture that includes on-going service improvements relating to quality and end user satisfaction.
- Ongoing ownership of all incidents inclusive of Major Incidents and facilitation of communications regarding incident updates to customers provided by the support teams.
- Maintaining and improving service relationships with service partners. Own regular service reviews and deliverable tracking.
- Ensuring delivery of service by service partners and internal teams through clearly defined and agreed SLAs and KPIs for all services.
- Design and implement Service model’s for new services and products including the transition activities so that they measure and monitor benefits of new service and products
- Track major / recurring problems and hold teams to account for performance of their services.
- Create and maintain detailed reporting on IT and Product Support tickets, SLAs and KPIs.
- Understand the administrative overhead and user experience of our systems. Initiate and manage initiatives through to delivery to improve the function.
- Monitor the Technology budget for your domain, licensing agreements, procurement and approve expenditure. Taking action where appropriate to avoid service degradation and unplanned overspend
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders across the business.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of building and developing an existing Service function.
- ITILv4 service management experience
- Must aspire to a culture of service excellence: always putting the customer, our colleagues and our business at the centre of everything.
- Experience of establishing, implementing and maintaining KPIs/ SLAs
- Experience quantifying and analysing service performance.
- Hands on experience delivering Enterprise scale technology skills in the End user and Infrastructure spaces
- Fluent with Microsoft collaboration technologies and reporting tools
- Experience of managing stakeholders.
- Experience of problem and change management.
- Experience implementing and improving processes and procedures
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA