Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Backend Developer (m/f/d) in the area of Accommodation Sourcing
Digital & Technology
For TUI Group IT we are looking for a Backend Developer (m/f/d) as part of an independent software development team for the further development of our applications in the area of hotel purchasing.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
To ensure that TUI can put a smile on the faces of its guests day after day, the IT of the world’s leading tourism group ensures smooth processes.
With a great deal of passion for technology and expertise, TUI Infotec is driving the digital transformation forward.
Innovative solutions are created for customers and guests by bringing together the right people and suitable technologies.
Know-how and fun with digitalisation, reliability, uniqueness and an open approach to new technologies are what make the company stand out.
Flexibility is a top priority – TUI Infotec offers an agile, dynamic environment that is characterised by the search for new ideas and the corresponding willingness to change.
As a Backend Developer (f/m/d) in the area of Accommodation and Sourcing, you will ensure as a member of a Scrum team that the international hotel purchasing of the TUI Group is optimally supported on the IT side and that our accommodation is thus available for our guests worldwide.
Together with the team, you plan and develop sustainable and future-proof applications and implement them in sprints. As an agile and powerful team, we feel responsible for the product end-to-end and ensure smooth operation in addition to further development. Specifically, your tasks include:
- Planning, programming and testing microservices in the area of productive applications.
- Effective selection of technologies for sustainable technical concepts and solutions.
- Continuous further development of the application.
- Analysis, evaluation and structuring of the technical requirements in close cooperation with business analysts and business experts.
- Ensuring consistency and executability of the implemented software changes in the test and production environments.
- Consulting and conceptual design through technical know-how.
- Participation in agile, self-organised end-to-end teams that also assume DevOps responsibility (“You build it, you run it”).
- Exchange of experience in communities of practice.
- Acting independently and on your own responsibility under the aspect of agile methods within the entire product team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Completed studies in computer science, media informatics, business informatics or vocational training as an IT specialist in application development or a similar qualification.
- Practical knowledge in the specification and implementation of solutions based on Amazon AWS Cloud technologies.
- Experience with NoSQL databases is an advantage. Ideally, you have practical knowledge of working with Apache Cassandra or Redis.
- Professional experience in software development with Git, Visual Studio Code, IntelliJ, Docker, Jenkins and Kubernetes desirable.
- Enthusiasm for new technologies and architectures, such as Apache Kafka.Enthusiastic personality with a strong team spirit.
- You are characterised by an innovative and sustainable mindset.
- Independent, careful and structured way of working, paired with an affinity for pragmatic problem solving, as well as flexibility in the development language.
- Good German and English skills, both written and spoken.
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
TUI and you
Working at TUI brings many advantages, extras and fun:
- Annual total reward plan relating to employment conditions;
- Employee benefits on travel;
- Life Long Learning (online/offline);
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Phone: +49 (0) 511 566 1585