Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
System Engineer (m/f/d) Infrastructure (DevOps) in the area Accommodation Sourcing
Digital & Technology
For TUI Group IT we are looking for A System Engineer (m/f/d) Infrastructure (DevOps) as part of an independent software development team to further develop our cloud landscape.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
To ensure that TUI can put a smile on the faces of its guests day after day, the IT of the world’s leading tourism group ensures smooth processes. With a great deal of passion for technology and expertise, TUI Infotec is driving the digital transformation forward. Innovative solutions are created for customers and guests by bringing together the right people and suitable technologies. Know-how and fun with digitalisation, reliability, uniqueness and an open approach to new technologies are what make the company stand out. Flexibility is written in capital letters – TUI Infotec offers an agile, dynamic environment that is characterised by the search for new ideas and the corresponding willingness to change.
As a System Engineer Infrastructure (DevOps) (f/m/d) in the area of Accommodation and Sourcing, you will ensure as a member of a Scrum team that the international hotel purchasing of the TUI Group is optimally supported on the IT side and that our accommodation is thus available for our guests worldwide.
Together with the team, you plan and develop sustainable and future-proof applications and implement them into sprints. As an agile and powerful team, we feel responsible for the product end-to-end and ensure smooth operation in addition to further development.
Your focus is on the (further) development and provision of state-of-the-art AWS cloud infrastructures with the help of Infrastructure as a Code for our applications.
Specifically, your tasks include:
- You develop architecture and design specifications for the further development and maintenance of the AWS landscape and automation platforms in close cooperation with the developers of the team.
- Automation is in your blood: Design and implementation of Infrastructure as a Code for the automated provisioning of holistic system landscapes.
- You deal with the evaluation and integration of new AWS services, as well as software and system solutions that comply with the current standards.
- You work closely with our software developers to ensure the smooth running and updating of our software.
- You advise your development teams on infrastructure components and their interaction, taking into account common security aspects.
- You will act independently and on your own responsibility within the entire product team under the aspect of agile methods.
- You support our product owners as a technical expert (m/f/d) in the area of systems engineering and operations.
- You monitor the performance and utilisation of our systems with the help of the tools used and initiate corrective measures if necessary.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have a university degree in the IT field or a comparable qualification (for example, a completed apprenticeship as an IT specialist (m/f/d) with a focus on system integration).
- You have good knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies (Linux server, network) and the entire web stack (nginx/Apache, Git, MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL).
- You are interested in / have gained initial experience with the AWS Cloud and with virtualisation techniques (Docker, Kubernetes).
- You have knowledge of automatic configuration management (Infrastructure as a Code) and deployment with tools such as Terraform, AWS Cloudformation, Ansible.
- You have experience in the set-up and use of monitoring tools (logging, metrics and alerting).
- You have a strong understanding of network technologies, administration and monitoring.
- You have fluent German and very good English skills (written and spoken).
- You are a team player with strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
- You attach importance to a proactive and quality-oriented way of working.
- You are characterised by an innovative and sustainable mindset.
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
TUI and you
Working at TUI brings many advantages, extras and fun:
- Annual total reward plan relating to employment conditions;
- Employee benefits on travel;
- Life Long Learning (online/offline);
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Phone: +49 (0) 511 566 1585