Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
DevOps Engineer - Product Reservation
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependant on local contract
Brief job profile:
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer a little bit more focused on infrastructure (Infrastructure as a code) to join a Dev/Ops Team supporting business critical travel applications (reservation and booking of leisure products) and their migration into a modern cloud-based set of applications.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home all the time. Most colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. However, it’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
How you will make an impact
Our constantly changing world of tourism and travel, our huge portfolio and our world leading position in the travel industry, requires unique processes and every day new challenges. As a dedicated and committed DevOps Engineer Product Reservation (m/f/d) you will develop, improve and support running infrastructure as a code for our applications for booking and reservation. Your solutions are based on sustainable technical concept, an effective choice of technology and a performing implementation. Your feel comfortable in an international, agile environment and you like to engage yourself in a cross functional team. These are your tasks in detail:
- You create architecture- and design blueprints to develop and run our AWS environment and automated delivery of infrastructure in a close partnership with your developers.
- Automation is part of your DNA: Design and Implementation of Infrastructure as a code to deliver automated provisioning of system platforms.
- You will work on the evaluation and integration on new AWS services, and new software and platform solutions that will support the standards of today.
- You are coaching your developers to support a robust operation and ensure to keep our software always.
- You advise your developers about infrastructure components and how they interact and implementing security by design.
- You work self-reliant and share responsibility using agile methods in your team.
- You will be a technical adviser and expert for your Product Owner and technical leads.
- You monitor performance and usage of our systems and initiates mitigations if necessary
What we are looking for
- You have a technical degree in IT or comparable IT expertise and experience acquired on-the-job..
- You have excellent knowledge in IT infrastructure technology (Windows-/Linux-Server, network) and all Web-Stack technology (nginx/Apache, Git/SVN, MySQL/MariaDB/MSSQL/PostgreSQL/ORACLE).
- You have already gained first experience with AWS cloud services and virtualization technology (Docker, Kubernetes)
- You are familiar with automation configuration management (Infrastructure as a Code) and deployment tools like Terraform, AWS CloudFormation or Ansible
- You know how to configure and run monitoring tools (logging, metrics und alerting)
- You understand network technology, administration and monitoring
- You are used to communicate in an international environment using fluent business English.
- You are a team player with distinctive abilities to organize and to solve problems.
- You would characterize your way of working as proactive and quality oriented
- You are driven by innovation
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group offers integrated services from a single source for its 28 million customers, and the entire tourism value chain is represented under one roof. This includes over 400 hotels and resorts with premium brands such as RIU, TUI Blue and Robinson and 15 cruise ships. The Group also includes Europe’s leading tour operator brands and online marketing platforms, five airlines with more than 100 modern medium and long-haul aircraft and over 1000 travel agencies.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA