Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Employee Relations Partner
Luton, United Kingdom
HR & Legal
We are seeking an HR professional to be part of our Luton based HR team. Reporting directly to the Head of People Services, the ER Partner will lead a team of Senior HR Advisors, supporting complex ER activity and HR projects. If you have a commercial, data-driven mindset with the ability to engage stakeholders at all levels, this is the role for you! We can promise you a challenging role where there will never be a dull day. Join us and be part of a fascinatingly complex global organisation that offers fantastic opportunities for personal and career development.
Our policies and procedures are essential to the running of our business and to keep us compliant with UK&I legislation. However, they also provide the opportunity to trail blaze and be innovative and continue to be a great place to work where colleagues can be their best selves.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to make their mark and continue to build the successful roadmap of this team. This is a challenging role where complexity and ambiguity will be the norm. If you are looking for an ER Leadership role with ownership, accountability and the opportunity to make quick decisions then this is the position for you!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home all the time. Most colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. However, it’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
How you will make an impact as an Employee Relations Partner
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Lead a team of skilled HR professionals, enabling them to provide a great service to the business. The role will require a visible leader who engages and inspires their team and enables them to succeed.
- Responsible for implementing and delivering the strategy and direction of a team of Senior HR Advisors, working with the Head of People Services to create and define the Employee Relations strategy, ensuring it is aligned with the broader HR strategy and business plans.
- Recognised as the internal employment law expert and will act as a point of escalation for highly complex, or high-profile cases and tribunal support.
- Accountability for the creation, development and effectiveness of innovative and leading HR policies whilst ensuring our legal compliance.
- To deliver key HR projects both directly and through your team which respond to business changes, legislation changes and business risk and as such will require someone who can manage and oversee change to ensure a continuous improvement approach including process or cost efficiencies.
- Develop and manage key stakeholder relationships, within HR and in the wider business, up to Board level and you will also effectively own and manage third party supplier relationships, to ensure a great level of service delivery in line with team goals/objectives.
- Create pragmatic solutions that enable the business to thrive and maintain our status as an Employer of Choice and make commercial decisions that minimise risk.
What you will bring as an Employee Relations Partner
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Strong employment legislation knowledge and experience applying it within a complex business
- Proven experience successfully leading and engaging a team
- A high degree of influence and impact with strong stakeholder management skills
- Articulate & results-oriented
- Working effectively with Trade Unions
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Strong pragmatism, combined with commercial mind-set
- Ability to manage high volumes of work, across multiple subject matters
- Ability to confidently deal with ambiguity and think creatively to deliver solutions
- Passionate about self and team development and continuous improvement
- Brave, happy to make mistakes and the ability to learn from them quickly
- Champion of the potential of data in HR; using it to drive change and make decisions
- Experience utilising multiple project management methodologies with the ability to confidently run complex HR projects
- CIPD Qualified or equivalent
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country’s third-largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 6 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA