Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
(Senior) Data Scientist (m/f/d)
For TUI Group IT we are seeking with immediate effect a: Data Scientist (m/f/d).
Domain Customer & Common Analytics (Master Domain: Customer & Colleague).
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Common Data Science is a team within our IT area Customer & Common Analytics. The Common Data Science team is focussed in supporting various projects across the TUI Group, driving the Data Science Community and developing a common platform for everyone to use. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal. We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
As a Data Scientist you will work as part of an agile team to deliver innovative, algorithmic solutions to complex problems ensuring that solutions are rigorously tested and deliver business value. We expect solutions to make use of sophisticated algorithms whilst enabling high levels of decision-making transparency and user control. You will work at all stages of the development lifecycle from idea generation to testing, implementation and operational support.
How you will make an impact – There are many ways for you to get involved:
Working on different business objectives and problems will require your good understanding of the context and challenges. You will need to combine technical skills and business understanding to maximise the value that your work delivers.
You can work effectively with a variety of stakeholders both technical and non-technical and can tailor your communication to meet their demand and expectation. You are able to break down the complexity to a relatable level and communicate key points, where necessary making use of effective data visualisations.
You like to solve business problems, automate processes, use cloud environments to your advantage and you are not hesitant to gain new technical skills. You will use your deep understanding of the business area to consult on possible solutions including their pros and cons and finding the best split between good enough and too complex. You always drive for a high level of automation and technical excellence using your knowledge of the technical environments you are working with. Bringing in your mathematical skills, you easily understand a range of different data science methods including statistical models, machine learning and optimisation algorithms. Working with Data Lakes, Data Warehouses and different data structures is nothing new to you and you are able to source the required data from different areas.
You have the opportunity to do research, staying informed on new developments in the area of data science or a specific area applicable to you, evaluation of new options, revisiting productionised solutions to try new ways of improvement and sharing your gained knowledge with your team and the data science community, which you are an active member of.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
What you will bring – There is more than one way to the perfect fit:
- You have a degree or equivalent experience in computer science, mathematics, or something comparable;
- Experience working with state-of-the-art data science methods, being aware of the latest research and transferring the knowledge to potential business cases;
- A track record of delivering business value with data science solutions;
- Good understanding of Data Lakes, Data Warehouses and different data structures;
- Excellent communication skills in breaking down complex solutions;
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with an analytical mindset;
- Data visualization and storytelling;
- Productionizing good quality code (e.g. Python, SQL, …);
- Ability to practice DevSecOps in a cloud environment;
- Ability to manage your data science project in an agile manner;
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner;
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous.
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
TUI and you
- Employment with the world’s leading tourism group;
- Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge;
- Attractive compensation package (e.g. pension scheme) and 30 days of paid vacation per year;
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts;
- Flexible working environment;
- International career and development opportunities.
TUI Group´s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel. If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, please visit our website www.tuigroup.com.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Phone: +49 (0) 511 566 1581