Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
iOS Developer Flight Operations IT/ IT Developer (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
You are a dedicated iOS developer with broad experience in software development as such? You have always dreamed of flying in the cockpit of a modern passenger aircraft? Here is your chance!
In Flight Operations IT we drive digitalization and deliver high quality IT services for pilots and cabin crew across all 5 airlines of TUI Aviation. We make sure crews have the best possible IT systems available to transport the passengers safely and grant an excellent customer experience at high quality TUI standards.
As iOS developer you’ll be working in an international, cross-functional development team. You will design and develop innovative iPad applications for pilots & cabin crews within TUI Aviation. Delivering across the entire app life cycle, from concept/design/build/deploy/test, right through to release and support.
To understand our pilot’s and cabin crew’s processes & procedures which will enable you to serve them with tailor made IT services, you will periodically accompany the flight crews during their regular flight duty, usually in Boeing 737/767 aircrafts.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT – There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Design, develop and maintain iPad applications for Pilots and Cabin Crew
- Feature development from conceptual to production delivery
- Work agile in a decentralized development team alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure
- Ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a decentralized, international team to define, design and ship new features
- Help to define the roadmap for future TUI apps
- Identify, correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and invest in automatization
- Seek continual improvements in delivery with the team to drive efficiency and productivity
WHAT YOU WILL BRING – There is more than one way to the perfect fit:
- University degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or a comparable qualification
- Extensive iOS development experience (Objective-C, Swift)
- Strong understanding of iOS UX/UI guidelines/best practices and the ability to engage with the team to deliver pragmatic solutions, balancing design, quality and velocity
- Solid experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data among others
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Experience with mobile development issues related to performance optimisation, caching, security and native components / SDK’s
- Proficient understanding of tools such as Gitlab and Atlassian Suite (JIRA and Confluence)
- Commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design and the creation of high quality products
- A highly flexible, adaptable and resilient personality, with the ability to work in an international team environment.
- Knowledge about software lifecycle development in Agile Methodologies (Product Teams)
- Flair for clean code, reusability, testability and readability (SOLID, TDD)
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation and external 3rd parties / suppliers
- Solid understanding and practical knowledge of the full mobile development and application lifecycle
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- What will be a plus: Familiarity with CI/CD (Bitrise), AWS experience, Aviation industry experience
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
TUI and you
• Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
• Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge
• Attractive compensation package (e.g. pension scheme) and 30 days of paid vacation per year
• Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
• Flexible working environment
• International career and development opportunities
TUI Group´s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel. If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, please visit our website www.tuigroup.com.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Phone: +49 (0) 511 566 1585