Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
IT Developer Content Service (m/f/d)
Digital & Technology
For TUI Group IT we are seeking with immediate effect an: IT Developer Content Service (m/f/d).
Our Content and Retail Domain is a globally staffed team with multi-disciplinary experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery. We are responsible for sourcing, enriching and delivering content (texts, images, videos, etc.) for each travel related product type and providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and Netherlands.
We are going to create a common OneContentPlatform which will provide our product information with the best content available to B2C websites in all markets, B2B retail solutions and for brochure production.
Within OneContentPlatform we aim to source content from various suppliers, enrich it in terms of building translations, generate text out of facts, personalize content on base of personas or generate digital asset attributes by using modern AI technologies. We will create a highly automated solution which is located completely in the cloud and deliver content by different state-of-the-art API solutions which are based on customer demands. We will create a modern user interface for our customers as well as for business users to control defined content workflows and optimize data based on analytical processes driven by KPIs.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT – There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Coordinate and co-design the architecture, data integration and performance management as well as develop the scalability of tourist applications
- Accept the requests for technical requirements for the systems; document and detail the requirements
- Perform bug fixing (troubleshooting and knowledge building to avoid errors in the future) and unit testing (special procedure for automated testing)
- Advise business partners on the content-related further development of products and services
- Independently maintain and develop software solutions
- Develop and implement technically optimal and market-driven IT solutions
- Test functionality and produce readable documentation for the created sources in accordance with the documentation guidelines, as well as take responsibility for the consistency and viability of the software changes made in the test and production environments
- Take responsibility for the consistency and viability of deployments and deliveries of software changes in the test and production environments
- Optimise and develop deployment processes with extensive automation
- Optimise configuration management within the application.
- Manage all configuration elements and the associated complete, readable documentation of all changes
- Further develop software development methods and participate in communities of practice
WHAT YOU WILL BRING – There is more than one way to the perfect fit:
- Degree in computer science (preferable) or comparable expertise and experience gained on-the-job
- Experience in the design, construction and further development of IT application landscapes, ideally in the tourism environment
- Very good knowledge of agile working methods (Kanban/Scrum) and mastery of project management methods
- Pronounced/high-level quality awareness
- Very good organisational and problem-solving ability
- Strong analytical skills and writing skills, to include sound experience in writing functional and technical specifications
- Very conscientious, independent work manner, quick to take on responsibility
- High-level social and teamwork skills
- Willingness to cooperate and compromise
- Proactively seek and give feedback
- Excellent prioritization and time management
- Fluent English
- 2+ years of hands-on Java (Spring-Boot) experience
- Experience with TypeScript, API design (REST, GraphQL), event based architectures
- Experience with GitLab, GitHub or similar systems (repository and CI/CD pipelines), AWS Cloud services,Docker containers and Kubernetes
- Experience in building infrastructur based on code (CloudFormation, CDK)
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies
- Understanding of formal software test design techniques, Software Development Life Cycle, QA process and test
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Phone: +49 (0) 511 566 1585