Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Solutions Architect - Customer
Luton, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependant on Local Contract
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation programme and are looking for talented and dedicated people to join the Customer Experience & Engagement stream, part of TUI’s Digital Transformation team.
Playing a pivotal role the Solutions Architect will rationalise, identify & exploit existing and new technologies and develop the Platform Architecture Blueprints, Strategy and Roadmap in line with the wider Customer strategies.
The role will major in Architecting solutions to evolve TUI Group’s cross channel, dynamic Customer Self Service capabilities.
This is a great opportunity to join a team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are driving the development of compelling cloud-based solutions to leapfrog TUIs capabilities in the Chat, Telephony and Work Force Management (WFM)
How you will make an impact as a Solutions Architect
There are many ways for you to get involved:
You will act as the technical design and architecture authority for the area and provide technical leadership during the development, build, test and deployment phases, assuring the solution adheres to the planned architecture and all functional and non-functional requirements are satisfied. You will also continuously look for opportunities to simplify, rationalise and automate the platform technology stack.
As a Solutions Architect you will be responsible for working with a multi-skilled design and engineering team for the function and be accountable for overall design quality as well as assuring solutions are designed with efficiency in regards to total cost of ownership (TCO).
You will, in collaboration with business and technical delivery leads, analyse functional and non-functional business and technical requirements and be responsible for translating it into architectural blueprints that outline solutions to achieve business objectives. Within the role you will assess the long-term benefits and impact of proposals and perform solution options analysis and technology selections as well as technical impact analysis.
Furthermore, you will liaise with specialist architects, business leads, product owners and key suppliers and participate in associated programme and product delivery governance, steering boards and strategy forums, focusing on and contributing to the long-term business objectives and strategic targets for the Customer Service domain. You will also be expected to present complex architectural decisions in simple, non-technical terms for senior stakeholders within the business teams. Generating wide buy-in and acceptance of your architectural decisions is a key responsibility.
What you will bring to TUI as a Solutions Architect
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Experience of end to end contact management projects – inception to go-live
- Experience of Customer Service oriented projects – inception to go-live
- In depth knowledge of AWS technologies, ideally Connect, Lex, Kendra, Snowball, Glazier etc – best proven via AWS solution architect
- In depth knowledge of telephony applications, ideally SmartAgent.
- Proven experience for API based streaming and real-time event processing in the area customer interactions.
- In depth knowledge of serverless and microservice architecture pattern and implementations.
- Knowledge of big data technologies and application of natural language programming (NLP).
- Solid knowledge in cloud utilisation ideally AWS.
- A highly flexible, adaptable and resilient personality, with the ability to work in an international team environment
- Practical application of DevOps and Agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation and external 3rd parties / suppliers
- Ability to translate and document complex architectural issues to non-technical staff within the business.
- Experience of translating your technical design into work packages for feature teams.
- Effectively interact with product managers and work across multiple feature teams.
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group offers integrated services from a single source for its 28 million customers, and the entire tourism value chain is represented under one roof. This includes over 400 hotels and resorts with premium brands such as RIU, TUI Blue and Robinson and 15 cruise ships. The Group also includes Europe’s leading tour operator brands and online marketing platforms, five airlines with more than 100 modern medium and long-haul aircraft and over 1000 travel agencies.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA