Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Service Operations Manager - Web Domain
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependant on Local Contract
TUI Group IT is searching for a hands-on, dedicated technician as Service Operations Manager.
“Web & 3rd Party APIs” is the global team in TUI Group IT who builds and operates all E-Commerce solutions, offering relaxing holidays and great travel products to our customers over many different web sites and portals across Europe. Billions of products have to be available 24/7 in real-time and to be offered in an inspiring way so our customers can find their favourite journeys. We are a multi-disciplinary, agile team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery, closely collaborating with our business colleagues, working cloud native, and providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
Your heart beats for smoothly running, high performant web platforms where customers can find and book their favorite holidays 24/7? You get a kick by driving the quickest possible ever resolution of incidents if a system has a hick-up? You are a people person, a team player, building up good relations to “go-to” persons and knowing exactly who to chase when things go wrong? Then we are searching for you!
We’re looking for a skilled and experienced Service Operations Manager to ensure that the quality of IT services meets the needs of our business, taking accountability for ensuring platform/service stability and rapid incident response and for continuous improvement in the overall operational maturity.
How you will make an impact as a Service Operations Manager
There are many ways for you to get involved:
But first and foremost you will be responsible for effective incident management on our large-scale, distributed, mainly cloud-based e-commerce platform that is build and operated by various teams across Europe. You will provide 24/7 service and support of our infrastructure and applications. For that you will take part in on-call rota. You will be responsible for issuing timely and accurate communications in incident situations to stakeholders whilst enabling the relevant delivery teams to maintain full ownership of incident resolution. A key strength therefore is to quickly understand how the service and team landscape of our platforms is connected from a technical and people perspective, what impact an incident has to our customers and who are the people that need to be involved for quick resolution.
But you are not alone: we are going to stand up a community of Service Operations Managers across TUI, where you will collaborate closely to coordinate cross-domain incident response, cover for each other, and define processes and good practices together.
Besides that you will work with teams and stakeholder on always raising our incident management maturity, making sure we have efficient processes, a high degree of automation and clear KPIs and metrics to measure how we are doing with operating our services and platforms. You might also get involved in definition and implementation of services and operation models.
You love to learn and acquire new skills and you enjoy teaching others. You are not afraid to get stuck in and work directly with teams – you hate being in an ivory tower.
You and your team will work mostly remotely with people from various countries, cultures, and technical backgrounds.
What you will bring to TUI as a Service Operations Manager:
- Strong experience in problem, change and incident management in an agile context
- Strong experience in managing major incidents
- Strong communication skills with a proven track record of engaging senior technology and business stakeholders
- Hands on experience delivering/supporting enterprise-scale digital cloud services
- Understanding of / experience with DevSecOps ways of working and SRE practices
- Experience of building and developing an existing Service Operations function is a plus
- Preferably ITILv4 or equivalent service management experience at scale and familiarity with ITIL Application Support (specifically Service Life Cycle) and experience of implementing these principles in product specific support
- Experience quantifying and analysing performance of operational and incident management processes and data
- Experience implementing and improving processes and procedures
- Passionate about continuous improvement
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good collaboration
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA