Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Digital & Technology
As an Engineering Manager at TUI Musement your primary responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work, delivering high-quality software in time, and generally having a great time at TUI Musement.
As a lead for strong engineers, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members.
You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery, design new architecture solutions, and work with your team on strategy and execution.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Lead a team of 5 to 8 Software Engineers who directly report to you
- Build and grow a team of talented software engineers in line with company values
- Drive best practices and lead with a continuous improvement mindset
- Be the main point of contact for team for Product Managers and other Engineering Managers
- Ensure the domain-specific technical strategy is effective and evolves with the needs of TUI Musement
- Act as a leader in a culture of performance management by clearly identifying goals and metrics
- Report effectively projects status to team stakeholders
- Contribute technically to projects, about 20% of your time is dedicated to coding and code review
- You will report to the Head of Engineering
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
As a manager, you have strong leadership skills and sharp analytic thinking.
You feel comfortable in a culturally diverse environment and you aim to add value using your cultural intelligence.
You have very good communication skills, complicated things become simple when you explain them, and you use these attitudes in negotiation contexts to drive the focus on what really matters for the company.
- Strong background as individual contributor solving complex technical problems at scale
- Several years of relevant work experience of which some years in leadership positions
- Strong knowledge of the SCRUM framework and Agile principles
- Strong communicator to align the team efforts to business goals. Ability to interact and collaborate successfully with Product Managers and Engineering Managers.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field is preferred
- Significant experience in hiring people
TUI AND YOU
- Being a valuable team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- TUI Musement operate in over 115 destinations offering more career opportunities than any other travel company
- Develop yourself by working as part of an international team and through our free global learning and development programme including free language lessons and various Management Development Programmes
TUI Musement is a leading Tours & Activities business. It combines a scalable digital platform with local service delivery, to offer excursions, activities, tickets and transfers in more than 50 countries worldwide. There are over 130,000 ‘things to do’ in all major holiday and city destinations, which are distributed through B2B partners, via the Musement and TUI websites and direct to TUI customers. We also offer services to cruise lines through Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services in port worldwide. TUI Musement sold around 10 million excursions, tours and activities delivered by our international colleagues located around the world and is one of the major growth areas of TUI Group.
In 2018, TUI’s Tours & Activities division acquired Musement, a leading traveltech start-up. Following a two-year transition period, both became one fully integrated business – known as TUI Musement – combining the global reach, strong resources and high quality in-destination service delivery of TUI, with the digital capabilities, agile working methodology and start-up mindset of Musement.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com