Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Technical Solution Architect
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
TUI is working on its next gen platform called “TRIPS”, which is based on AWS native technologies (Lambda, dynamo DB, SNS, etc). For the Product Service we are looking for a Technology Architect to support our teams with technical expertise. The Product Service is a new service within the new TRIPS platform that is responsible for taking all the components TUI has (flights, accommodations, cruises, etc) and building sellable products out of. This both automated with rules or manual via a UI. For example this can be a standard package (Flight, Transfer, Hotel), but will be very flexible in the future. The Product Service is also responsible for geographical data and terms & conditions.
In this new role you would be responsible (together with another Technology Architect) for the complete technical design of new applications/services and technological solutions in order to respond to the needs of the business and thus contribute to the organisation’s objectives.
How you will make an impact
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Translating business cases into specific technology solutions and new applications in order to contribute to the organisation’s objectives.
- Work together with the development teams to evolve our application architecture (frameworks & technologies used) so it’s future proof, maintainable, scalable, etc.
- Follow-up on the application development and functional design and ensure the quality, performance, security and integrity of the applications in order to deliver a complete product to the market.
- Collaborate with other architects across the new TRIPS platform.
- To keep himself/herself constantly abreast of the evolutions and developments in the field of IT applications, to keep his/her knowledge up to date with the changes in the regulations, in order to strengthen his/her credibility by offering a service that is constantly based on updated knowledge.
What you will bring
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Expert knowledge of Java;
- Experience in at least one other programming language;
- Broad and good level of knowledge of AWS including Lambda’s;
- Knowledge of Agile (Scrum) is a plus;
- DevOps experience (including with Infrastructure as Code) is a plus;
- Fluent in spoken & written English;
- “Can do” and proactive attitude;
- Able to take ownership of decisions & tasks;
- Team player.
You and TUI
Working at TUI brings many advantages, extras and fun:
- Annual total reward plan relating to employment conditions;
- Employee benefits on travel;
- Life Long Learning (online/offline);
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Amber van Burken
Phone: +31 (0)20 892 1547