Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Legal Counsel | LUTON | TUI
Luton, United Kingdom
HR & Legal
As Legal Counsel, you will draft, review and advise on a range of important commercial contracts.
You will provide legal guidance and support to key stakeholders within operational units in the UK & Ireland and broader business and ensure that you continue to develop your knowledge and expertise, taking ownership for a range of commercial and consumer-facing contracts.
Working within a highly regulated industry and with a customer centric focus, our Legal team, offer advice and guidance to a diverse range of business areas covering our tour operator, retail, and cruise businesses. As part the wider global Markets and Airlines legal team, you will also have the opportunity to work on Group-wide and multi-national initiatives with colleagues in our other international offices.
We pride ourselves as the world’s leading tourism group and upon our desire to attract top talent. Our offices and culture are professional but not as corporate as you might expect. We have a relaxed feel and a sense of fun and we encourage you to bring your personality to work.
Applications close 30 May 2021
How you will make an impact as Legal Counsel
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Your role will be to draft, review and advise on a range of important commercial contracts
- You will take ownership for a range of commercial contracts and negotiations
- You’ll also have responsibility for keeping up to date with regulatory requirements and deal with queries from the Civil Aviation Authority, Advertising Standards Authority, the Competition and Markets Authority, ABTA and Trading Standards
- In this role you will assist the Marketing team in reviewing promotions for compliance with regulatory requirements and you will and be revising and advising on customer documentation such as booking conditions and website terms and conditions
- You’ll participate in a number of business projects providing legal advice where necessary
- You will provide advice and assistance on competition law, anti-bribery and corruption, data protection and consumer protection law
You’ll champion an approach to collaborative working across multiple jurisdictions and using innovative legal technology platforms.
What you will bring to TUI as Legal Counsel
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- A qualified solicitor or Fellow of CILEX with circa 2 years PQE and excellent drafting skills
- Be able to work with minimal supervision using own initiative and plan and organise own workload
- Ability to research, interpret and provide advice on complex or new areas of law
- A good knowledge of commercial, consumer protection, marketing and data protection law and applicable legislation
- An ability to negotiate especially with internal stakeholders and counterparties
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to construct a coherent argument
- Ability to research in depth both legal and commercial/operational issues
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills with the ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships both internally and externally and act as an ambassador for the business with key contacts.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the leading tourism business and our vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA