Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Senior Software Engineer Go
Digital & Technology
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll work on cutting-edge technologies to design, scale, and maintain micro-service oriented architectures. Backend is a core part of the TUI Musement’s business, it is used in internal projects as well as external-facing ones. TUI Musement’s backend architecture embraces the “backend for frontend” pattern. This approach allows us to easily connect our backend to a bunch of different client applications: SPA, mobile app, or other backend systems.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- You will be a key part of a team that owns all phases of the product development life cycle, from conception to delivery to customers
- You will be required to collaborate with system architects and product managers to deliver high-quality technical solutions
- You’ll work on cutting edge technologies as well as mature technologies to design, scale, and maintain our backend architecture
- You’ll develop high-quality backend code with a strong focus on automated testing.
- You’ll participate in code reviews to guarantee high software quality standards and consistency across the codebase
- You’ll participate actively in our SCRUM ceremonies to plan sprints, estimate tasks, and continuously improve our methodology
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Strong knowledge of Go
- Passion for software development and the ability to technically lead, communicate, collaborate at all levels of an organization
- Experience with API design, implementation, and maintenance (OpenAPI)
- Agile methodologies knowledge
- 5+ years of experience building, delivering and maintaining high-quality enterprise products and systems
- Deep focus on automated tests (unit, functional, integration)
- Experience working with AWS cloud solutions (RDS, S3, SNS, etc)
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
TUI AND YOU
- Being a valuable team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- TUI Musement operate in over 115 destinations offering more career opportunities than any other travel company
- Develop yourself by working as part of an international team and through our free global learning and development programme including free language lessons and various Management Development Programmes
TUI Musement is a leading Tours & Activities business. It combines a scalable digital platform with local service delivery, to offer excursions, activities, tickets and transfers in more than 50 countries worldwide. There are over 130,000 ‘things to do’ in all major holiday and city destinations, which are distributed through B2B partners, via the Musement and TUI websites and direct to TUI customers. We also offer services to cruise lines through Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services in port worldwide. TUI Musement sold around 10 million excursions, tours and activities delivered by our international colleagues located around the world and is one of the major growth areas of TUI Group.
In 2018, TUI’s Tours & Activities division acquired Musement, a leading traveltech start-up. Following a two-year transition period, both became one fully integrated business – known as TUI Musement – combining the global reach, strong resources and high quality in-destination service delivery of TUI, with the digital capabilities, agile working methodology and start-up mindset of Musement.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com