Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Depends on local agreements
For TUI Group IT we are seeking with immediate effect a: Site Reliability Engineer (m/f/d).
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. “Web & 3rd Party APIs” is the global team in TUI Group IT who builds and operates all E-Commerce solutions, offering relaxing holidays and great travel products to our customers over many different web sites and portals across Europe. Billions of products have to be available 24/7 in real-time and to be offered in an inspiring way so our customers can find their favourite journeys. We are a multi-disciplinary, agile team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery, closely collaborating with our business colleagues, working cloud native, and providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
Therefore we are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join our technology organisation.
The Site Reliability Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of DevSecOps and SRE practices. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Site Reliability Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside box.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT – There are many ways for you to get involved:
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables site reliability engineering skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Being an enthusiast in SRE, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs and to take over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation. You care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
- You will use your deep technical skills to enable your team to deliver operation excellence, ensure and improve reliability, performance, maintainability of systems and services.You work closely with your team to understand the operational processes, technical and business needs of the products and services your team is responsible for.
- You ensure observability of systems and services, support change and configuration management. You will be involved in raising operational readiness requirements as part of the development life cycle and validate software development and delivery is consistent, meeting the specified requirements.
- You are hunting for performance optimisations and recognize upcoming problems before our customers are impacted. You will continuously improve CI/CD and automation maturity plus efficiency and you will support your team with efficient incident handling and quick reaction to production problems. For this you can expect to take part in on-call rota. You can work hands-on, being able to tackle the whole design, build, test, deploy cycle and thus also take proactive corrective action where required. You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes.
- Together with the teams in the Domains, relevant Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively. You are demonstrating active contribution to Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING – There is more than one way to the perfect fit:
- Experience working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment and defining, developing and rolling out technical operations processes and new services across teams and markets;
- Strong hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and in managing scaled cloud systems with a focus on solution architecture, the various tools and services, infrastructure-as-code, and DevSecOps practices;
- AWS Certification at Associate level or above;
- Strong experience with monitoring/observability solutions, preferably Datadog, as well as with incident response solutions, like PagerDuty;
- Willingness to take part in on-call rota;
- Deep automation expertise, hands-on with some programming languages, e.g. NodeJS, Python, or Bash scripting;
- Ability to apply server operating system administrative knowledge, mostly Linux based, Windows Server experience considered beneficial;
- Good knowledge of networking and security aspects;
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI;
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services;
- Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset;
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams;
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills;
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g. like described in the ACM Code of Ethics).
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
TUI and you
- Employment with the world’s leading tourism group:
- Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge;
- Attractive compensation package (e.g. pension scheme) and 30 days of paid vacation per year;
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts;
- Flexible working environment;
- International career and development opportunities.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.