Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Senior Consultant - Data Science and Analytics (Aviation) | Flexible | TUI
Luton, United Kingdom
As a Senior Consultant, you will be accountable for the design and development of the analytical solutions using a variety of technologies, and techniques, working alongside IT, business and data science colleagues, across the TUI Group source markets. We are looking for experienced Senior Data Science Consultants to become part of our ambitious team, as we embark on an exciting transformation developing a single data platform. You will be working with the latest technology, with access to ongoing learning and opportunities for self-development, whilst establishing yourself in our global network of experts. We are an international team with people based in multiple markets across Europe and we aim to design solutions to be deployed across multiple markets so although location is flexible some travel will be required.
TUI group sees the application of data and analytics as a core source of competitive advantage in the drive to deliver market leading personalised customer experiences which maximise the value captured from our extensive product range whilst operating at maximum efficiency. This is a great time to join the team which is taking a key role in driving the digital transformation within TUI by developing new data solutions across the business.
TUI has always been a data driven business. The team has developed and manages an in-house yield solution automating the management of 50 million prices on an hourly basis and now deployed across 4 markets in the group. TUI are significantly investing in the area of data science both from a technology and people perspective including new investments in training and we have a number of ambitious projects in progress across commercial, digital, airline and customer. You will work alongside and learn from our global network of analytics and data experts and have the opportunity to shape your career in a wide variety of different roles across the global analytics teams.
This role can be based in either our Luton, Hannover, Rijswijk, Oostende or Stockholm office.
Applications close 4 July 2021
How you will make an impact
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Working on a number of very important and interesting projects, using leading edge technology which are key to TUI’s growth plans with high visibility at the executive level
- Having sole responsibility for a data science product, or specific areas of focus for a larger project
- Working with multiple senior stakeholders to deliver business value playing roles at all stages of the solution development cycle
- Understanding the business problem and identify potential data solutions
- Playing a key role in structuring, scoping the solutions and prioritising work
- Involvement in the development of solutions and ensuring successful implementation and driving the benefits from the solution
- Coaching and managing more junior data science team members
There has never been a more exciting time to join the team!
What you will bring
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Proven experience of structuring and solving complex business problems using data and technology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship skills
- Comfortable managing and influencing senior stakeholders
- Structured and logical thinker with strong financial and commercial acumen
- A strong background in analytics, data science or operational research with hands on experience in developing data, models and analytics solutions
- Significant knowledge and experience applying advanced analytical techniques, such as machine learning, optimisation and simulation
- Familiarity with a wide range of technologies including Python, R, SQL, data visualisation tools
- Strong interest in technology and commitment to application of data and science in decision-making
- Customer and internal client centric – working in partnership with both internal “customers”, and external customers, balancing this with commercial and business drivers and goals
- Experience working across boundaries and with multi-cultural teams
- Proactive attitude and approach
- Self-motivated individual who takes initiative and works collaboratively
- Ability to manage ambiguity and quickly adapt to changes in priority
TUI and You
Working at TUI has many advantages – here are some of the highlights:
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts
- Online wellbeing and learning support
Fun and dynamic work culture
TUI Aviation is an organisation setup within TUI to cover all Aviation activities. We interlink local airline and group aviation functions to share expertise, collaborate effectively, drive continuous improvement and create economies of scale. With five airlines based in the UK, Sweden, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany each serving their own markets, we work together to build a better, stronger and more efficient TUI Aviation for the future.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com