Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Solutions Architect - Product
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependent on Local Contract
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The product domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for product creation, inventory management, reservation management and high-performance search. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, The Netherlands and Aviation, Cruises and destinations worldwide.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated leader to join the newly formed Product technology organisation which creates product, inventory and reservation management and high-performance search solutions to the global tourism business
The Solution Architect role in the Domain, has a responsibility for the architecture landscape of the Product Management Solution and oversees key technical and design decisions through to implementation. You work in close collaboration with Heads of Product, Heads of Technology and others, with a shared responsibility for the overall business outcomes for your area. You act as your domain’s spokesperson in senior technical engagements with other domains. An advocate of state-of-the-art cloud and event driven architecture within the domain and well-connected within the global technology team.
How you will make an impact as a Solutions Architect
There are many ways for you to get involved:
As a Solution Architect, you will be responsible for the creation of technology and organisational transformation activities and technology direction. You will champion policies, standards and practices and help define and execute the technology strategy for TUI and each domain, using your knowledge of compliance and integrity of the business strategies. In collaboration with senior technology leaders and other architects, you will shape a vision and define strategies regarding IT architecture to translate business opportunities and customer expectations into innovative IT solutions.
You will be identifying and implementing improvement architectural practices in an agile environment and mapping the discrepancy between the current processes and the desired state to continuously innovate the IT processes and to adapt them to market trends.
You will maintain a strong understanding of the bigger picture, keeping yourself continuously informed of the latest innovations, technologies, patterns and practices in cloud and event driven architecture. You will think ahead and understand the overall business context and strategy, and you will use these insights to shape emergent architecture of the Product Domain cloud and event driven architecture. You will ensure we have the architecture capacity, capabilities and culture to deliver business outcomes sustainably and with the right level of quality from the outset.
You will use your deep skills to help teams improve their expertise in cloud and event driven architecture design across the Domain. You never come across as preachy or dogmatic, but you are always clear and vocal about what you believe in. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team level. You help the team to find a balance between tactical solutions and long-term platform sustainability and maintainability.
As an experienced specialist in a scaled cloud environment, you have overall responsibility for driving the direction of the solution design, maintaining the solution principles aligned with the global direction of the tourism platform. You will participate in, or even lead, domain-wide engineering excellence efforts and propose high impact initiatives and projects. You and your colleagues will work closely with product owners, technology leads and technical architects in teams to continuously improve domain’s cloud and event driven architecture capabilities.
You are an active member of the global Architecture community. You love to learn and acquire new skills and you enjoy teaching others. You are not afraid to get stuck in and work directly with teams – you hate being in an ivory tower.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
What you will bring to TUI as a Solutions Architect
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- An experienced architect and authentic servant leader with passion for technology and product, inventory reservation and search architecture.
- Proven track record in designing architecture blueprints and the optimization of them to continue to develop and innovate
- Proficiency in translating business vision into viable technical strategies and in conveying such strategies back to business stakeholders.
- Experience in working in an agile environment and able to integrate architecture practises in an agile way of working.
- Provide technical leadership to the product, inventory reservation and search communities and able to step up from the detail to see the full context and develop a long-term vision.
- Great communicator and facilitator comfortable working across organisational and market boundaries and managing senior stakeholders. Able to disagree yet align.
- Good grasp of experience with cloud technology, design patterns, micro-services, CI/CD and DevSecOps.
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous.
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving with an ability to push innovation through technical solutions
- Experience in working in a scaled Cloud, event driven environment
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here