Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
2021 Analytics & Data Science Graduate Programme
Luton, United Kingdom
As a graduate in our Analytics and Data Science teams, you’ll be working right at the heart of our business – with real responsibilities, and the chance to work on real projects. You’ll gain a unique insight into our exciting and dynamic industry, with exposure to many other functional areas and senior colleagues, You’ll have lots of fun during your time with us, and we’ll ensure you get the support you need every step of the way.
The role will be based in Luton and will commence at the beginning of September. *The role will be open for a limited period, therefore it is recommended that you apply early to avoid disappointment.
The application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.
Should your application be progressed further you will be contacted to complete a Verbal, Inductive and Deductive reasoning test. Upon success at this stage, you will be invited to complete a video interview, followed by an assessment centre.
ABOUT THE JOB
We see the application of analytical techniques and data-based decision-making as critical to TUI’s future success, and a key source of competitive advantage. This is an opportunity for you to join a graduate programme that’s focused on producing business leaders and gives you the chance to make a valuable contribution to our Analytics and Data Science function.
During the two-year programme, you’ll have the invaluable opportunity to rotate through a minimum of two out of these four Analytics and Data Science teams:
- Digital Analytics – where we use web behavioural data to optimise the use of our web and mobile sites
- Commercial Analytics –using demand forecasts and profitability data to optimise price and capacity management
- Customer Analytics – focusing on using our rich customer data to truly personalise the customer experience
- Aviation Analytics – working closely with our operational teams to drive the use of data science in all stages of the aviation journey, from optimising the routes of our planes to forecasting the food we should pack on board
Exposure to these core areas will give you unparalleled experience and insight into our diverse and exciting team and industry. Throughout the programme, you’ll be working to ensure TUI fully benefit from the world of “big data”, and continue to find innovative ways to make the right decision at the right time in order to both enhance the customer experience and maximise profitability.
You’ll use a range of modelling and analytical techniques, supported by the appropriate software, to either answer key business questions or deliver decision-making applications which ensure that decisions are made on a consistent and scientific basis. You’ll work directly with stakeholders from across the business to ensure that your analysis really addresses the underlying problem and that the results are implemented, and the impact tracked and measured.
Below are some examples of recent questions or problems that have been tackled by our Analytics team:
- Application of segmentation techniques to identify which ancillaries customers are most likely to buy.
- How do we optimise the allocation of fresh food on our aircrafts?
- What is the impact of promotional discount codes on-line – are they worth it?
- How accurate are our demand forecasts?
- Has changing our web search functionality improved conversion?
Through working on a variety of projects such as the above, you’ll have the chance to apply your problem-solving skills to challenging, real-life problems, gaining experience in managing and explaining complex analysis to a variety of stakeholders. While doing so, you’ll be learning from senior colleagues with experience in a wide range of industries, as well as learning about new technologies. And, at the end of the two-year programme you will move into a role with one of the teams you’ve worked with during the programme.
As well as the invaluable and varied exposure and experience you get during your rotations you will also be given the opportunity to continue your studies by studying part-time for your Data Science master’s degree via an apprenticeship. This is a fully funded study programme in partnership with the University of Exeter. Let us know if this is something of interest to you in your application and we’ll let you know more.
You’ll have achieved or be on track for a 2.1 or above in a STEM-related degree and have a minimum of a B for Mathematics at A Level.
We’re looking for agile-minded, innovative thinkers, who are keen to learn and take on new challenges. Those who have a flair for collaborating with others, a natural drive for results, and are able to think strategically about the business. Adaptable individuals with a talent for thinking analytically, and a focus on providing unrivalled service to our customers.
You’ll also have a passion for analytics and data, as well an interest in the travel industry.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to.We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here