Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependent on Local Contract
The Data Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art data engineering practices. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Data Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think out of the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables data engineering skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Being an enthusiast in data engineering, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs and to take over full responsibility for its data flows, from design to operation. You care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
You will use your deep technical skills to work closely with your colleagues to ensure an optimal data delivery architecture which is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You will work on data collection, data pipelines, data delivery to other systems and building a strong core data warehouse. Furthermore, you are supporting your fellow Data Analysts and Data Scientists on data engineering tasks and work as a team to deliver data driven solutions.
You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the domain’s or common Architects as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively. You are demonstrating active contribution to Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives.
You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
- Ability to design, implement and use different database structures
- Strong SQL and data profiling skills
- Experience with building ETL/ELT pipelines
- Hands on experience with modern data storage systems (e.g. AWS S3, Snowflake, Athena)
- Good conversion of high-level business & technical requirements into technical specs
- Feeling comfortable in using cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration, and great teams
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g. like described in the ACM Code of Ethics)
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
ABOUT THE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here